New owner

MMCOREYUSN

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a brand new 2019 21 slx and wanted to know if I got a good deal on it. The boat came out to 57k on the bennington website but, I know msrp is misleading but I paid 37.5k after tax title and delivery. Has the sps performance package and a few other upgrades on it with the yamaha 115. Since I have never owned a boat before was wondering if I got a decent deal on it.

34-35% off is pretty stout, especially with the strong market right now and figuring that included your TTL and any dealer delivery/prep fees.

Congrats on your new boat!

Thanks I just wanted to make sure because I read the boat msrp is marked way up over fair price so I didn't know if I got for a deal or what I should be paying. Me and my wife are super excited waiting for the delivery next week.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure because I read the boat msrp is marked way up over fair price so I didn't know if I got for a deal or what I should be paying. Me and my wife are super excited waiting for the delivery next week.

Yeah, starting 6-7 years ago, the pontoon market went from mediocre to blew up the solar system in a matter of a few months. This year has been particular good for boats since a lot of people can't get to their favorite vacation destinations due to all the shutdowns, but they can get out on the water.

I will not be surprised at all if, in 1-3 years, there's a massive crash and a huge surplus of "like new" used boats everywhere because of the usual excuses, err, reasons:

"Don't have time to use it"
"Kids aren't interested anymore"
"Too much boat for our needs"
"Too much work to launch and reload every time"
Etc
Etc
Etc

You got a heck of a percentage discount, even by 6-7 years ago standards. Hope you, your wife, your family, and friends find decades of fun and make endless memories with it!

You got an amazing deal!

That is a great deal given the market right now. I am thinking what DejaWiz above mentioned. Boat sales are booming right now. I too wonder if in 1-3 years there will be a big surge of lightly used pre-owned pontoon boats hitting the market in sizable numbers for the reasons DW mentioned above.

As others have said, you got a deal!

Back