new player - Ranger

prd2hnt

Reaction score
I have never seen powder coated tubes.

cq5dam.web.320.320.jpeg

Moderator edit: Link removed. One will have to do their own research on the competition. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods. Please delete this. I didn't think about the competitive nature of the post. Just thought it was interesting.

I have to chime In. I think it kind of silly to have to remove any sort of information about another brand . I freely submit to any of the rules posted on this site but come on! Do they think people are gonna jump ship to brand X because someone posted a link or picture of the comp? 

as a Avid boater I like to know about "all boats" The good the bad and the ULGY. In my opinion nothing wrong with sharing names and information, a good customer is a educated customer. And come on Is Benningtion afraid of some lower modle boat? 

But back to the original topic. Powder coated tubes. In my opinion it's a Horrable Idea. Here is my thoughts. When you tie a bumper to the side of your boat and you tie your boat to a dock and your boat rocks back and forth we all know what it does to the aluminum. Well with a little elbow grease those scuff marks can be removed along with most scuffs and bumps. Now if you powder coat the tubes there is very little you can do as far as Refinishing the tubes if you happen to get any dock rash.  So long story short Me thinks "No Bueno"

Gee, for once I agree with you.  Both on the deletion of the link, and on the powder coated tubes.

Bennington can go head to head with any other pontoon, so no need to delete links to other manufacturers.  In the end, Bennington will win out.

On the other hand, touching up a powder coated tube would be much easier than repolishing tarnish and sharhiding it again.  But not a fan of how it looks.

For those that like the look, you can always just paint your tubes black.  Or any color.  Really no different than sharkhiding (which is basically a clear coat paint, in my opinion).

It's Bennington's forum and they make the rules.

I saw something similar on a Sylvan at the dealership we just ordered our Bennington from.  It was a very sport oriented set up and aesthetic look, and it did look really cool.  Somewhat akin to taking a black out edition Bennington and then painting the tubes black.  I inquired about the scuffing issue with the dealer, and they echoed what Kaydano said above: you just touch it up with black paint, and it blends back in really easily.  For someone that likes that look, it certainly sets off the boat more uniquely.

I can appreciate not allowing direct links to competitors in posts, but I would hope we are not censored on general discussion and banter between different manufacturers, models, options, etc...  I think its a healthy way to generate ideas, and frankly an easy marketing research venue for the moderators at Bennington to see what people are liking and disliking from the competition.  Besides, they just took my big $ on my 2017 order.  They are safe with me not "jumping ship" in the next 10-20 years.   ;)   

Better hope PADS doesn't make a calling! Happens to the best of them. Isn't that right Semperfi ? ;)

Yes, PADS can get quite expensive. It starts out like a runny nose, then till your over it, you had full blown flu. The only lasting experience from it is a much lighter wallet .......  :D

I looked up the ranger brand and I'm happy to say that I'm sticking with my bennington.  The seating looks a bit on the cheap side for a 43K+ boat.  From a price point only you can get a very nicely loaded S or G model with big HP on the back for the same (or even less) money.  

Who builds it for them?

Lund is also marketing pontoons with their name, but they are being built by Harris.

These "non-pontoon" boat manufacturers are seeing the popularity of pontoons and trying to cash in on it.

I don't think that plan is working for Larson so far.

They may acquire some of the low to mid-range market, but truly are no competition for the high end players like Benny.

Bennington truly is the John Deere of the pontoon industry!

Bennington truly is the John Deere of the pontoon industry!

I did not see the green ones,... how would that look, a Benny in JDG? :D  

Green is in the 2017 color choices!

Ranger pontoons are being built at the Tracker factory

Back