New pontoon boat due in soon, what to expect?

mikeb33

Reaction score
I ordered a new 22SSRX in early February.
http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/22ssrx-w-evinrude-135-ho-ordered.9552/#post-125698

One of these days they're going to call and say it's here. What can I expect? The marina is on our lake so will I pick it up at the marina and drive it back to my slip? Will I first see it in the parking lot or in the water? I will want to inspect and drive it before writing the check, but what am I looking for? Maybe I should have a new boat checklist?

Advice please?

This is how mine arrived at the dealer .Dealer took my wife and I on about a 1 hour test drive .I also had the opportunity to do walk through's before and after rigging .

upload_2019-4-10_4-57-25.png
1614439924561.png

You should expect an awesome time. Nothing beats that new boat smell and first ride!

We discussed our expectation at the time we ordered our boat: we wanted a walk through after it was rigged, and then an on lake drive and “walk through” of all features in real water use. They were agreeable at purchase, and that’s what we did upon receipt of the boat. Being new boaters, all of the above was very helpful to us.

My only regret is there was one defect with the boat. I was assured it would be taken care of via warranty, so we went ahead and took possession. It was denied as warranty and we now seem stuck with it. In retrospect we should have refused to sign off on the boat until it was taken care of. Had we done that, even if denied by Bennington, I think the dealership would have resolved it differently to finalize the deal.

If something is not right, have them make it right before taking the boat. All of that said, we love our boat, and the at dealership and on water walk through were tremendously helpful to us.

Unless you are comfortable bringing it onto/into your lift/dock I would have them do it with you a few times. If your going to trailer it I would add that to. As stated above do a thorough walk around.

Unless you are comfortable bringing it onto/into your lift/dock I would have them do it with you a few times. If your going to trailer it I would add that to. As stated above do a thorough walk around.

Not to add anxiety but someone on here had the dealer smack into the dock and cause some damage on their first trip!

I jumped in the water and pushed mine into the lift during our first launch!

Back