New pontoon ??

Lil Spooky OH6A

Reaction score
Hi all, a few questions. What do you use to clean the three "chrome" spokes on a Benny steering wheel? Cleaning the Merc engine cowling? I don' let anyone spray suntan lotion on the boat but I can't prevent sweat, water, sunscreen, on the upholstery. What do you clean it with? Lastly, I have pics on my personal email Iwould like to post, but don't have a clue. My grandkids won't be here for another month to show me how. Thanks, and hope you all have a safe and great Memorial Day.

For the spokes I usually don't need to use anything too harsh. If it's just fingerprints and smudges Windex will clean that up. Of course, any good chrome cleaner will get the heavier grime. On the upholstery, I "clean" it with Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner. But, that's after an annual application of 303 Protectant. If you can copy the pictures from your email to the computer then you can upload them here either into your account or to a post using the "upload a file" as seen below. Memorial Weekend will be crazy out here since it officially kicks off summer boating. I'll be hanging out by the pool waiting for the crowds to leave. I mostly boat midweek so it doesn't really affect me too much.

Last edited:
What you use to clean your furniture depends on which furniture you have ( model year )

For cleansing the side paneling and engine I like Hot Sause water spot spray. They also make Vinyl Sauce. We are still experimenting with seat cleaning. Will look into the Boat Candy Vinyl cleaner.

I've never tried the "Hot Sauce" and perhaps I should but what I use is a mixture of vinegar and water which seems to do a pretty good job. Maybe sottemail could do a comparison between the hot sauce and vinegar and report back his findings.

I was a vinegar and water mixer as well, my cousin did use the Hot Sauce on his MB

Back