New prop

jimmycat

Reaction score
I have a 2015 24 SSLX with a Yamaha 150. This weekend at the lake I somehow managed to damage the prop. I don't think it is repairable and was hoping anyone with a similar setup could recommend a good prop for me. Thanks for your help.

Yamaha Reliance 14.5 x 15P 3-blade is the recommended prop for your boat.

Just out of curiosity, do you have 2 or 3 pontoons?

It's a triple toon. I'm thing about the sds hub as well. I'm having a difficult time finding a dealer. Any suggestions

The 15 pitch reliance mentioned above seems to be the best for that motor. I actually have a 2014 24 sslx with a Yamaha 200 and love that prop. 

It's a triple toon. I'm thing about the sds hub as well. I'm having a difficult time finding a dealer. Any suggestions

What motor mount hole is your engine mointed in?

We have this same prop with SDS on our tritoon 21SLX WITH 150 Yammy. Works great!

15x15p Enertia is also a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at Crowley Marine and its a good price with cheap shipping. Im really not familiar with the SDS system and hoping you could advised it that comes with the prop or if it needs to be ordered separately. Thanks again for your help.

The SDS stands for "Shift dampener System". Fancy words for a dampening system that aborts clunks. It's part of the prop, 

maybe someone can chime in with a Yamaha part number?

Wondering if anyone knows who may stock this prop. Everywhere I tried does not have it and they are back ordered until September 

Finally after ordering first of July just got confirmation my new sds prop and spacer just shipped. Too bad weather is cold. Can't wait to try it out. 

I was finally able to try out my new 14.5x15 reliance prop with SDS. I was a little disappointed with the results. WOT is about 5200 RPM with a top speed of 34. This is with two adults and three small children. I also noticed that while putting into gear it would chatter significantly. If I gave it a little throttle it would stop. Hoping someone might know if this is normal or if something is not quite right. 

I was finally able to try out my new 14.5x15 reliance prop with SDS. I was a little disappointed with the results. WOT is about 5200 RPM with a top speed of 34. This is with two adults and three small children. I also noticed that while putting into gear it would chatter significantly. If I gave it a little throttle it would stop. Hoping someone might know if this is normal or if something is not quite right. 

That's not right.  Your RPM at WOT should be closer to 6000.  Do you have extra weight on the boat that you don't know about?  That would be my first suspicion.

The SDS is supposed to get rid of the chatter.  Sounds dumb, but I'd double-check that prop to make sure it's really the 14.5 x 15.

Also check the mounting height (although that shoulding gain you 800rpm) along with tcpip95's suggestion of verifying the prop, all I ever here is the SDS is extremely quiet, could it be installed correctly? I've never installed that version so I'd be useless there. Best of luck!

Thanks for the help. I found the thrust washer was the wrong one not allowing the prop to seat properly. Hopefully this helps. Also the motor is in the top hole making it as low as it can go. I spoke with the dealer and was told my rpm is within yamahas guidlines. I was told moving the motor wouldn't provide significant performance increase. Thinking I'll just leave it alone and enjoy being on the water. 

Just make sure you're also trimming up pretty high on top end. You may be doing that but a lot of guys thought they were trimming up enough and after messing around with it figured out how to get a little more out of the boat. I would assume your boat/motor combo should 37-38mph all day long. Happy Boating! 

FYI my trim at full throttle is half way or a tick past.

Here's an example.

Chrisbert's Boat

Boat Model --------- 24 SSRX

Model Year --------- 2016

Tube Option -------- 3 tube 25" SPS Package

Power Option ----- Yamaha F150 4 Stroke

Prop Specs ----------3 Blade Solas "New Saturn" 14.25x17p

Performance ------ 38MPH on GPS @ ~5800RPM w/ 3 adults & one child; cooler.  Moderate chop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back