New purchase advice needed

I have to agree with everyone else. Get the 200. With all the mercury controls and steering. I have had several bass boats with various size Mercury’s before my first toon with a 250 verado. I thought sea star assist was nice on my bass boats and that was only because I hadn’t drove anything better. Get the 200 if nothing else for steering and throttle.

Its a beauty!! I have a 50Hp Yamaha so I don't feel right commenting on how big of a motor you should purchase. But if I was spending someone else's money get the 200!!!:D:D:D

The arch adds permanent weight to the boat. Get the 200.

Let me echo the above posts. I have a 2013 GCW and my raised helm looks brand new. If anything has gotten beaten up it is my foot from not stepping up on the helm. HA! We have 150. Not a bad engine but almost from day one I wished I had more power. A few weeks ago I ordered a 2019 from the dealer and I am going with a 250. Get the 200 and don't look back!

Thanks everyone for the info.

Dealer said he cant get a 150 for a week or 20 and he will do 61,500 with the 200 verado so I told him to do it.

I guess ill drive fast once in a while!Boats being delivered Saturday.

Next step is to get a trailer. I am tired of setting my boat on cinder blocks every winter.

First, the dealer that tells you the raised helm gets beat up is delusionional. With tat said, get the 200! It is a great combination with SPS.

I agree, you won’t regret it. I wish I would’ve went with the 200 instead of the 150 when I purchased mine in the spring.

Congratulations. Perfect choice.

First off thank you all for the advice

Second, well we bought a bought tonight.

We drove to a couple local dealers to look at few other brands, i mean spending this kind of money i have to look around. Don’t worry we still ended up with a benny, nothing at all like i described i wanted

We found a dealer with a 2018 23 GSRA, with SPS toons. My wife has always loved the arch, then to make matter worse it was the perfect exterior, Smokey granite with champagne accent panel. The interior is sandstone with perf carbon, and teak slate floor. The wife loved it. It’s a fast back with rear speakers that we liked. Full LED speakers, exterior and underwater stern lighting, we wouldn’t have ordered these but think they are nice. Kicker kmc10 and Rockwell speaker and amp, again wouldn’t have ordered this but we like good tunes. Has bow filler seat which we wanted.

It doesn’t have 2 things we would have ordered, raised helm, and middle toon storage locker. Dealer told me the raised helm gets beat up and looks bad after a few years. I can do without that its not super important. I may regret not getting the in toon storage. But we never pull skiers, i was planning on putting my screw in augers for the sand bar in there tho.

THe plus side is im getting a G series over the SXP, nicer helm which i really like, and i have to admit the arch is sexy and makes my wife extremely happy. I really like it myself.

OK lets talk engines.

The boat is currently set up with mercury DTS and the dealer had planned on a 200 Verado. Now if you remember we don’t EVER pull tubers or skiers and I don’t want to. THe dealer gave me 4 prices based on the engine we choose. He will remove the DTS if need be.

115 command thrust - $57k He has this engine in stock but needs to order the parts overnight to remove DTS
150 59k but he doesn’t have this engine
175 61k he says these are on back order from mercury
200 verado 63k He has this in stock

(How do these prices sound)

All prices are flat + tax. No doc or prep fees just add sales tax and go

Now he’s going to look around in the morning for a 150 from another dealer. If he can find one he will overnight the parts needed to remove the DTS and install the 115 or 150 (if he can find a 150 locally). He will also deliver this boat to my lake about 90 mins away so we can have it Saturday. Or I can have him install the 200 verado he has in stock.

I really think that the 115 would suit us just fine.
Wife think we should just tell him to install the 150 and wait if need be to get the boat
THe general manager said he would talk to his owner and see if they want to give me a break on the 200. I cant see spending the extra on the 200, but im sure I would be happy if i did.

I wont lie I want the boat this weekend if I can get it, I mean who wants to buy a new toy and not play with it LOL
I will talk to them in the morning and see what he finds, we left him a deposit and he said its fully refundable if I decide I don’t want to wait for a 150. Im hoping he comes down on the 200 and we can just call it done.

I will post the results

Thanks again

That is really a gorgeous boat and have to say I love it. I'm shopping/studying now and just moved that model up on my list. Thanks for sharing the prices as that is very helpful. I tried re-building this boat on the Bennington website and came up with a MSRP of $89 thousand for a SPS plus package with a 150 HP. That seems like a huge discount and more than I was expecting. Does that MSRP sound correct/close? Anyway, congratulations and great buy! Steve

That is really a gorgeous boat and have to say I love it. I'm shopping/studying now and just moved that model up on my list. Thanks for sharing the prices as that is very helpful. I tried re-building this boat on the Bennington website and came up with a MSRP of $89 thousand for a SPS plus package with a 150 HP. That seems like a huge discount and more than I was expecting. Does that MSRP sound correct/close? Anyway, congratulations and great buy! Steve

Hatya is buying a 2018 already in dealer stock. Dealers have already or are currently placing orders for 2019 boats so they are wanting to clear out the 2018s they have in stock, hence big discounts. The pricing on the Bennington website is for 2019 models where you have the annual price increase over the 2018s plus added increase in the cost of aluminum in response to concerns about the recently enacted tariffs. Also remember that dealers will discount between 20 -30% off the MSRP making that $89K around $62K - $71K.

Looked at the link, and the boat looks fantastic. Congratulations.

As an owner of a 200 Mercury Verado with the DTS controls, I think you are going to be THRILLED! The throttle layout and feel is great, and I love the “dock” option on it. I think you will also be very impressed with how quiet it is while under way for such a large horsepower motor. And even though you say you wont use it much, laying down the throttle with that Verado supercharger is a GREAT experience. I honestly cannot get enough of it. Unfortunately, no one else enjoys sprinting across the lake as much as I do, so that’s usually a solo trip for me. :cool:

Given that they came down to 61.5k with that motor, I think you got a hell of a deal. I don’t care if its remaining 2018 inventory or not, that is a great price for everything you got packaged in that boat. Had you not closed that deal, I would have died inside. ;)

Hatya is buying a 2018 already in dealer stock. Dealers have already or are currently placing orders for 2019 boats so they are wanting to clear out the 2018s they have in stock, hence big discounts. The pricing on the Bennington website is for 2019 models where you have the annual price increase over the 2018s plus added increase in the cost of aluminum in response to concerns about the recently enacted tariffs. Also remember that dealers will discount between 20 -30% off the MSRP making that $89K around $62K - $71K.

Thanks! That makes sense.

Dealers near me are already receiving 2019 models. The dealer where I bought my boat is giving great deals on 2018 models. He has QX with 350 Yamaha which built on the boat builder and is priced approximately 35% off. A couple weeks ago I met a guy from Texas up here in Missouri looking at a Q at my dealer. He came from Texas because of the pricing. He had never rode on a ESP model so I gave him a test drive. He loved it. Next day he purchased the Q.

I will try and respond with the msrp for you

Tomorrow we sign all of the papers and do the orientation then they deliver the boat Saturday morning. We just got to the cottage tonight and in the morning I have to make room on the docks for the new boat. I still have my 06 2250rl so I have two Benningtons for a little while.

I’ll post some pics ASAP

I still have my 06 2250rl so I have two Benningtons for a little while.

I’ll post some pics ASAP

Not a bad problem to have! I'm looking forward to the pics!

Back