New S series helm

lakeliving

Reaction score
So my buddy just took delivery of their new S and I noticed the helm was different than ours. Looks like the redesigned it and now the throttle is on the side like the other ones.

This isn't his photo but it looks like this.

Fishing-Pontoon-Boat-Brand-0720.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, 2nd one is the one I have.  I'm glad to see that they did away with the 2nd cup holder.... always thought that was redundant for the helm (I'd have kept the one on the right and re-used the space on the left).  Also looks like they put some drain holes in the flat spots below the gauge cluster.  Mine were always filling with water, so I drilled two drain holes and tapped them into the existing drain lines coming from the cupholders.

So, is your buddy ostracizing us or has he posted? ;)  

So, is your buddy ostracizing us or has he posted? ;)  

I don't think he even knows about the forum. (He used to work for Citizens too!!! We hired in together and have stayed friends since)

I did consult them on their purchase before they pulled the trigger. They came down and I took their family out for a ride and went over the must haves. So they ended up with sps, a 150 and power steering!!!

Once they get past the break in period it will be a good comparison between the 150 and 200 as they are both 24 S series with the SPS package. I'll have to do a video drag race this summer.

Oh, he's one of those, is he?? You better alert him to the warranty deal!

I had a feeling this was the same person you mentioned in another post. It will be interesting to see just how much of an edge you have over him. What a great way to buy a boat!

The new helm is good if you use a fish finder and don't mind one cup holder.  Bad if you like the traditional DIN footprint radios (like most cars have had).  I think I like the new helm a lot better personally.  Thanks for posting the pics!

The new helm is good if you use a fish finder and don't mind one cup holder.  Bad if you like the traditional DIN footprint radios (like most cars have had).  I think I like the new helm a lot better personally.  Thanks for posting the pics!

The old helm has the fish finder behind the steering wheel. Bad placement.

I'm sorry..................I still can't get past that someone was happy that they removed the second cup holder. Goodness gracious man! You have to be ready when you reach down and find that first cup...................empty.LOL. Just kidding. 

I keep my phone in one of the cup holders. I'd have to be driving like a real a-hole for it to fall out of there!

I keep my phone in one of the cup holders. I'd have to be driving like a real a-hole for it to fall out of there!

There aren't two cup holders. There's one cup holder, and one phone holder.

Looking forward to that drag race!

They have a similar one at Costco, I have one in my truck.

Some people dont like them . I do . It was under $12 for 2 . I had my ipod stop from overheating a few times before I used it .

First post by a prospective Bennington owner - - the "new" helm caught my eye, but I learned that it is actually an upgrade to "premium" from the standard 20SSRX.  Unfortunately, the upgrade also includes seating changes that I don't care for, and Bennington is unable to build a la carte.

Any comment regarding the ergonomics of the throttle mounted on the vertical face of the console?

Thanks.  We're looking forward to our first (and last) whack at pontooning.

Back