New software..... bear with us.

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Hope you can see the new software. I'm sure there will be some glitches, but so far, so good. Enjoy.

You guys did great.
I love this new forum.
To me it's so much more advanced and user friendly.

I'm fairly new here so I never really had much time to get used to the other software.

Thanks for the good work!

Only thing I kind of miss from the old one is, at the bottom of page, being able to click the message to go to next unread post. Other than that, seems much better!

+1 semperfi. I agree about going to next unread. Site showed EVERY post and forum - read and unread when site came back on. Took me a bit to figure out how to quickly navigate just new posts, but it does seem better now.

Only thing I kind of miss from the old one is, at the bottom of page, being able to click the message to go to next unread post. Other than that, seems much better!
+2 On the next unread post option. Otherwise stellar job Team!

I must be getting old. Not handling change like I used to!

Capture.PNG

I just noticed this stays at top of page when I scroll, so it's not quite as nice as "next post" but I can just click NEW POSTS and it gives me a list of them ....

Last edited:
Correct. And then you click the little dot next to the icon for the poster and it takes you to the first unread post. Just another click. So it's not THAT bad. But it is an extra step.
View attachment 20778

I just noticed this stays at top of page when I scroll, so it's not quite as nice as "next post" but I can just click NEW POSTS and it gives me a list of them ....

And if you're on the home page, clicking on the new posts in the right sidebar takes you right to the first unread post in the thread you click on. We'll definitely get the next unread topic button back though so you have all the options.

upload_2017-9-8_17-17-21.png

Although I click "keep me logged in" I am still asked to login each time I enter. Is this the new normal?

Although I click "keep me logged in" I am still asked to login each time I enter. Is this the new normal?

This is not normal. It should keep you logged in. Is anyone else encountering this? If you are, can you tell me what web browser you are using (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)?

I don't have a problem unless I use my phone. If I go back and forth between my cpu and phone I have to keep logging in.

The dots are a nice feature, but I still seem to visit a lot of individuals when I "fat finger" and miss the dot ;) I need more space or smaller fingers.

Correct. And then you click the little dot next to the icon for the poster and it takes you to the first unread post. Just another click. So it's not THAT bad. But it is an extra step.

This is not normal. It should keep you logged in. Is anyone else encountering this? If you are, can you tell me what web browser you are using (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)?
I am using an I Pad.

I am using an iPad also (safari) and do not have to re-login. I don't alway close my browser windows every time I quit though. I do close the overall browser - just not closing the individual tabs - so my tab(s) are still there when I look again. That might be a difference.

It is still requiring me to log in on my IPad. I am using it the same way I have since I joined the forum several years ago.

It is still requiring me to log in on my IPad. I am using it the same way I have since I joined the forum several years ago.

We're looking into this. In the mean time, make sure your browser on the iPad is not in Private browsing mode as that will keep the site from remembering you logged in. You may also want to try restarting the iPad.

Back