New speed record

Duckgrinder

Reaction score
The new speed record was set today for a pontoon boat at the Lake of the Ozark's Shootout. The tooned in went 114 mph. So far the fastest boat is at 209 mph.

That's just crazy ..... I'd be afraid of flipping a toon at that speed, how's he keep it from lifting ????

114 mph is unbelievable! Thought we were rolling doing 40 on the way back to the marina from the restaurant today..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy guacamole! I'd love to see a pair, heck I'd love to even see ONE of those Seven Marine motors on the back of a Benny! That would be beautiful!!

Go to USTREAM and look up lake of the Ozark shootout. It will start streaming at 9:00 am central. There was even a PWC that was clocked at 95 mph today. The toon was wild watching, it had trip 300's and the front door open. It was a tri toon and very stable all the way through the run.

The boat that went 209 yesterday it's name is My Way. Today it has gone 216mph and 224 mph.

Was it the Playcraft or the SouthBay pontoon that set the record, seems there was one of each that broke 100mph the last couple years.

I think the Playcraft has the triple 300's called "Tooned out"

Can't find any video links to them yet on the tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the South Bay that went 114.

Wow! that is unbelievable

That's just crazy ..... I'd be afraid of flipping a toon at that speed, how's he keep it from lifting ????
de-lifting strakes, They are recommended for boats 900+ hp...

Back