New to Bennington! '17 Blackout 24SSBXP w/ pics

Dunn

Reaction score
Greetings from Orlando, FL.
Pics first than a short story:

20170816_142302.jpg

Here are some interior pics from boat show...

20170813_120511.jpg
20170813_120520.jpg
20170813_120544.jpg

Aaaaand I kind of really like black vehicles....

20170816_162613.jpg

Brand new to the forum and 1st post here....Been tooling over the idea of a new toon (tritoon that is) for quite some time now after selling my 2008 Bentley 220 LC, spent most of the summer with no boat, but I couldn't decide where to go next. Went out with a friend who owns Harris 25' with the swing back style rear and fell in love with it. Looked for a while between Harris, Bennington, and a couple other brands. Started to narrow down what I wanted but the 10 year warranty was a big push in the Bennington direction. I really liked the GSB series of boats but there are only 2 dealers for central fl and they mainly stock the entry level boats and usually standard L shaped interiors or fishing set ups and rigged with low hp. I wanted to touch and feel before making a decision. Planning on keeping this for a while and I wanted to spend the time and see what features I would prefer. Central FL is more of a Wake/ski boat market than aluminum....Never the less found out one of the closer dealers had 1 well equiped 22GSB and a loaded RSB so I drove about an hour over and checked them out...the GSB I wasn't crazy about the color and some of the options, like flooring and it only had a 150 on the back, The RSB was very nice but it had a 6 figure MSRP and that was a little to much for me to chew on. Funny thing they had just received the SSBPX I actually ended up buying but it was still wrapped from the factory, so I peaked at it but didn't spend too much time to look at it b/c in my head I though I wanted the at least GSB or a RSB.

Long story short, the boat show came to the convention center this past weekend and they brought that SSBPX and I spent some time in and out checking it over and comparing to the GSB, really liked the S series with the premium pack and the SPS hull with suffice for my needs so I wound up making a deal on it that was hard to pass up.

On the delivery sea trial it touched 43 mph with a 15 pitch yamaha prop...going to follow all the beak in procedures but very pleased with how quickly she plains off and smooth it cruises.

There are a few things I want to add and tweak but I will post those as they happen! Looking forward to a great boat!

Attachments

• 20170813_120554.jpg
    20170813_120554.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20170813_120623.jpg
    20170813_120623.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I love it when a plan comes together.

Sounds like it was meant to be.

Congratulations on a beautiful new Bennington and many happy years of enjoyment and good times!

Beautiful toon!!!!

Dunn deal! Ha! Sorry couldn't resist!

Welcome to the forum and congrats! Nice boat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful boat, welcome to the world of Bennington.  

Welcome to the family!

Welcome, Good looking Benny and Truck. 

She's a beauty, that's for sure! Enjoy and thanks for posting pictures for us to drool over...

Nice toon! You are right there with the performance we are seeing with our S series with SPS and a Yamaha 200.

Looks great! Welcome to the club!

Looks great, congrats!!

Congrats! Beautiful vessel. 

Back