New to Bennington and new to pontoons

Allyn

Reaction score
We just purchase a 2012 2275 CCW with a Yamaha 115. My first Bennington and my first pontoon boat. Any advise as to dos and don'ts? What have you found to must haves? Also looking ahead. We have pretty mild winters but what is your advise on winterizing?
Thank you all in advance,
Allyn

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. These are topics that have been hit up a few times over the last couple of years. In the upper right is a search box. Try doing a couple searches up in there for new boater recommendations, dos and don’ts, etc... Same with winterization recommendations. You should find lots of great advice.

Happy boating!

Do’s .... POST UP PICS! It’s mandatory ya know .... :D Welcome aboard!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. These are topics that have been hit up a few times over the last couple of years. In the upper right is a search box. Try doing a couple searches up in there for new boater recommendations, dos and don’ts, etc... Same with winterization recommendations. You should find lots of great advice.

Happy boating!
Thanks will do.

She's a beauty! Welcome to the club...

Good looking boat. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Nice looking boat! Welcome to the forum.

We just purchase a 2012 2275 CCW with a Yamaha 115.

Welcome to the club. I think your model number is GCW (G-series boat with Center Walkthrough). I have a 2011 2275 GCW with a Yamaha 115, but I only have two tubes. Great layout boat and we love it. When you get a chance, post your GPS top speed. I'm curious how much faster the triple tube version runs.

that will be interesting Sunedog. from what i have read here the two toon will have a higher top speed than the tri toon due to the additional resistance of the 3rd toon on the water. The advantage of the tri is tighter turning radius and higher speed in those turns relative to the two toon set up. So yall should be a good test of that take on two vs three toons.

A twin eliptical boat will be faster than a tri-toon, not a regular two toon boat.

Yeah, same boat and motor tritoon will be significantly faster than the same boat and motor 2-toon pontoon. As mentioned above, the exception would be the twin elliptical set up.

Back