New to Bennington, ESP question

Trout74

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Bennington 25 LSAPG With the ESP package and a Mercury 300hp 4s DTS. With all the bells and whistles. I’ve never driven a Bennington with the ESP package. I’m coming from a 2012 Manitou wit the VP hull with a Mercury Optimax 225hp. My question is: will the new Benny with ESP perform as well as my Manitou VP hull did? I loved the way it banked and turned on a dime. It would blow peoples mind how it banked. It was a tad tippy in chop due to the mismatched toon sizes and I’d get wet from time to time. I’m hoping the Benny will handle like the Manitou without the tippy and wet bow. Any Info will be greatly appreciated. I’m just hoping I didn’t upgrade my luxury but downgrade my handling. Thanks!!

I have a 2021 Bennington 25 LSAPG With the ESP package and a Mercury 300hp 4s DTS. With all the bells and whistles. I’ve never driven a Bennington with the ESP package. I’m coming from a 2012 Manitou wit the VP hull with a Mercury Optimax 225hp. My question is: will the new Benny with ESP perform as well as my Manitou VP hull did? I loved the way it banked and turned on a dime. It would blow peoples mind how it banked. It was a tad tippy in chop due to the mismatched toon sizes and I’d get wet from time to time. I’m hoping the Benny will handle like the Manitou without the tippy and wet bow. Any Info will be greatly appreciated. I’m just hoping I didn’t upgrade my luxury but downgrade my handling. Thanks!!
You will love the handling of the ESP.

You will love the handling of the ESP.

I am happy to hear that! Can you go full speed or close to it, and crank the wheel full tilt and turn sharp and lean hard into the turn? I want to feel it, lol. my Manitou would do that, BUT it would Cavitate pretty good till you cranked it back and headed straight again. I think the larger deeper center toon created that. Im hoping the ESP system turns like that, but doesnt cavitate. That would be simply amazing.

I do not think it will bank as much as your prior boat due to the construction differences, the V set up of your older boat allowed that boat to bank more. The bennington pontoons are all the same depth just the middle of the ESP is the larger elliptical. It will bank however and you will love it, just do not expect the same tilt of bank if that makes sense. Your new Bennington will feel much more stable and you will not regret it at all I guarantee you that much. It is a heavier boat and it will ride like a dream. If everyone is holding on you should be able to crank that beauty in a turn at full throttle just get used to how the boat handles first alone before you do that for safety. Sounds like you have an amazing Bennington congratulations!

Welcome Trout74! Your new Benny sounds amazing and I think you're going to find her worthy of your love. Actually, I'm hoping that you will answer your own question for the rest of us. I've never been on a Manitou VP so I have nothing to compare my ESP with but I'm pretty happy with how mine handles and banks. As for tippy and wet bow, those are two things I would never associate with my Benny.

So, how about posting some pictures and giving us your insight on how the two boats compare? Looking forward to your thoughts...

Do you have your boat or when are you getting it? I think you are going to love it. I'm also looking at a 25 foot ESP with a 300. I'm sure when you get it and test drive it we would be interested in your opinion on the handling compared to your old boat. Keep us posted and post pictures when you get it. Happy boating! :)

Welcome Trout74! Your new Benny sounds amazing and I think you're going to find her worthy of your love. Actually, I'm hoping that you will answer your own question for the rest of us. I've never been on a Manitou VP so I have nothing to compare my ESP with but I'm pretty happy with how mine handles and banks. As for tippy and wet bow, those are two things I would never associate with my Benny.

So, how about posting some pictures and giving us your insight on how the two boats compare? Looking forward to your thoughts...
It’s being built. Should have it in November or so. But I will for sure post next spring. Once I get to drive it.

I test drove both the Manitou SHP and Bennington ESP before we bought our Benny. I'd say they're very comparable. My ESP banked like a ski boat, scared the heck out of a neighbor once, it was so tight, but it came right around. The SHP is probably a tad quicker and tighter on the turns, but for the most part I never used my boat that way. It will, if you choose to, it will do it ... The ESP is just sooooo comfortable and easy to handle in chop, wakes, etc.

I test drove both the Manitou SHP and Bennington ESP before we bought our Benny. I'd say they're very comparable. My ESP banked like a ski boat, scared the heck out of a neighbor once, it was so tight, but it came right around. The SHP is probably a tad quicker and tighter on the turns, but for the most part I never used my boat that way. It will, if you choose to, it will do it ... The ESP is just sooooo comfortable and easy to handle in chop, wakes, etc.
I’m convinced! I’m so excited to drive it. Thanks for the input

Back