New to Bennington

Magician

Reaction score
Proud new to us owner of a 22SSRFBXP. Last boat was a Chaparral 230ssi. We got tired of the rough ride so we decided to switch to a Tri-toon. Haven't taken delivery yet. Planning on adding a wet sounds amp and very little else at this point. Wondering about outboard motors though, my boat has a Yamaha 200 and I’m wondering about whether this engine can run pump gas with ethanol or not?

I use gasoline with 10% ethanol in the summer when it sits in the tank for only a brief time. However, I fill with 100% gasoline (known as Rec Gas here) for off-season storage. If it was closer than a 50 mile round trip, I would burn it exclusively.

Congrats on the boat! My boat has never seen gas with ethanol in it. I saw what it did to fuel lines on various gas powered lawn equipment. I know motor manufacturers state that you can use gas with ethanol in it. I just choose not to.

Per the Yamaha manual you can burn up to 10%.

Like BK I choose not to and carry in non ethanol

I use it (10 years now) and mix marine stabil with it religiously. Then again, I’m missing one of your zeros :D That shouldn’t matte though, it’s still running on 10%.

No ethanol for me either
Here is a list of stations the sell ethanol free .Sort-able by state .

Thanks for all of the responses. I haven’t downloaded the Yamaha manual yet but in my experience most fuel injected motors can handle ethanol fuel..... That being said I only had one issue on the Chaparral and that was my fault since I put it away for the season without filling it and treating. I won’t make that mistake again.

I have tons of questions and will be searching and posting here now. I used the chap owners page a lot and plan on doing the same here.

Only been out on it once but so far I love this boat.

Thanks for all of the responses. I haven’t downloaded the Yamaha manual yet but in my experience most fuel injected motors can handle ethanol fuel..... That being said I only had one issue on the Chaparral and that was my fault since I put it away for the season without filling it and treating. I won’t make that mistake again.

I have tons of questions and will be searching and posting here now. I used the chap owners page a lot and plan on doing the same here.

Only been out on it once but so far I love this boat.

Congratulations on the new Bennington. As others might chime in, “pictures or it aint true!” :D

Attachments

• A9BBDF59-B353-4716-8CF9-9DA6EF02F21F.jpeg
    A9BBDF59-B353-4716-8CF9-9DA6EF02F21F.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 65
  • D959E164-8473-43A1-AF20-B7039BA1D10E.jpeg
    D959E164-8473-43A1-AF20-B7039BA1D10E.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 63
Congrats! Looks great!

I try to use ethanol-free rec fuel but have occasionally used 10%. I do use stabil all the time and have never had any Issues.

Congrats on the new boat, last year we bought our very first boat. This site has been great for advice. I have opted for the Zero ethanol approach. I have a number of marinas on the lake that provide fuel, and yes it is a bit more expensive, but I paid $50K for a boat so why get cheap with the fuel.

Enjoy the new ride.

Jay

Plus, gas is about as cheap as it will ever be. Even Marina gas.

I always run ethanol free gas with Star Tron, as there are times the gas will sit for a while at certain times of the year. Our newer engines, lines, fuel pumps, etc. are designed for ethanol and I would only anticipate issues if the gas containing ethanol is going to sit for an extended period of time and start to ”varnish”. If you run through the gas quickly, I would have zero concerns with fuel containing ethanol. Congrats on the new boat!!

Welcome! She's a beauty!! As for ethanol vs. non-ethanol, I personally have never had a problem running 10% in any of my boats (power equipment is a different story). Every so often, I'll throw some Sea Foam in for good measure.

Congrats! The boat looks great. Welcome to the forum.

I have a 115, and use 10% plus marine stabil all the time. Use marine stabil with all gas for small engines as well.

No ethanol for me either
Here is a list of stations the sell ethanol free .Sort-able by state .

Thanks for this link!
I wanted to get ethanol free gasoline here in NJ and was told it was not available. Now I see three places on the list all within 30 minutes drive.

Thanks for this link!
I wanted to get ethanol free gasoline here in NJ and was told it was not available. Now I see three places on the list all within 30 minutes drive.
Glad you found a few places . That is why I re post the link every now and then

Back