New to Bennington

Richard T

Reaction score
I'm new to the pontoon world, been running cruisers and powerboats. I took delivery of my new 2375 R series blackout edition with the Yamaha 300, the toon has performed pretty good. The problem I'm having is there's no storage at the helm area for small items like keys, phone, glasses, wallet, and so on, things that I don't like to keep in my pocket on the boat. Has anyone found something like a glove box that can be added to the helm area?

Welcome .

I use a soft tool bag ,store it under the helm while underway 

pACE3-18610810enh-z6.jpg

If you want to cut into your helm 

They are available 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boat+glove+box

71WPfPwaqAL._SL1500_.jpg

I've seen that box as well, but with the contour of the helm I don't think it would look too good. I'm not apposed to cutting into the helm and was hoping someone here might have found something that looks good after installation. I guess the easiest thing might be the soft bag as you suggest.

thanks.

I prefer the soft bag . Everything I want in it at home then into the helm . Easy to remember taking the bag home too 

Don't the "R" helms have the small compartment under the steering wheel anymore?

Mine doesn't either and that's what I was looking for, something that would fit the curve contour and open similar to a car glove box. There's plenty of room for something like that under he steering wheel.

Do you have the raised helm? Maybe that's the difference. And........our boat is 10 years old.  :)

I have the raised helm and it does have the little glove box.  2016 G series however.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still on the fence but strongly considering the RSBW, I commented to my wife just this weekend after looking at a showroom model that even with the  dual console there is no glove box on the passenger side- plenty of room for one and all other dual consoles I've seen have one with the usb and power adapter inside.  Kind of amazes me that these design characteristics are missed. 

The former R-series helm with the compartment is now the G-series helm. The R boats got a new helm around 2012 or so and it does not have it.

There is/was that little compartment on eBay recently. Search "Bennington Pontoon."

Thanks, I'll look on eBay.

we use the ziplock storage containers for extra towels, safety experts and such that we store under the seats and they do work great.

being use to having a glove box at your finger tips on all our previous boats it's just something I miss having, it wasn't a deal breaker when I purchased the Bennington so we can do without it. I did find a shower container with suction cup attachments that fits next to the caption seat that will hold my cell phone, smokes, and lift remote quite nicely.

thanks

Back