New to Benny - New to Pontoon - Back to Boating

MH663

Reaction score
Indian Lake, OH is where the boat resides.
Hello All,

I hope I am posting in the proper place but as you guessed from the title, we are new to about everything here.  After 20 years of not having a boat.  Running around in a small v-hull before that.  We just ordered/purchased a 2016 Bennington 2550 GSR pontoon.  I think we ordered everything we wanted and the kitchen sink too, lol.  No, actually no sink, counter, grill, etc...  Just all the other essentials we thought we might need or like. 

ESP Triple Tube

Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

Center Tube Storage

35 Gal Center Tube Gas Tank

Upgraded Illuminated Wet Sound 4 Speaker System

2 Additional Illuminated Wet Sound Speakers /Aft Placement

Amp and Sub Upgrade

Blue LED Lights in Bimini and Cup Holders

Elevated Helm w/ Backlit Blue LED Switches

Seagrass Flooring Throughout

All Power Assist

Dual Battery

Rough Water/Wave Shield/etc...

Stainless Ladder

Lowrance GPS/Depth/Fish

Will shop for safety equipment over the winter.

Anything you guys can think of that you would consider a must.  I don't think I forgot an essential butttttttt?

Anyway, thanks in advance

This is the color combo we selected.  Someone else actually had the same great taste, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll put down a few for you to consider:

Blue Ice LED - Side Illumination (S/G)

Bennington_Pontoon_Boats_Information_Button.jpg
    $922

Stainless Steel Rub Rail

900272     $726

Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing

904064     $344

let me add one more:

Recliner Upgrade - Captains Chair ®

906325     $151

I agree with Mark. SS led lights and upgraded helm chair. Does it have a table? Nice to have and not need, than not have and want. Mainly because the mount is drilled and installed through the deck. We hardly ever use ours, but when we do, I'm glad we have it. Also, is arched Bimini an option on that model? I think they look nicer than the standard bimini. Don't worry, we LOVE helping others spend their money!!

:)

I believe with the ESP package your fuel tank gets upgraded to the larger 50 gallon.  Since you upgraded the speakers to the Wetsounds and opted for the Kicker sub/amp, you'll be getting the new Kicker KMC10 deck.  Brand new unit, not a lot of information on them but what I have read have been very positive.  Is the Lowrance Chart/FF dealer installed? The upgrade from Bennington is the Garmin 53/54.  Just curious.  I have a new Q Bennington on order (actually it's done, just waiting on the trailer to be delivered) and I did the ESP/speaker/Garmin upgrades.  I ordered on July 21st and it got to the dealer last week to give you an idea on build time.  Congrats.

I agree also with Mark. Stainless rub rail is key as well as led docking lights. I have the side illumination as well as the under water led and really like the way it looks. Definitely upgrade your Captains seat as that's where you will spend a lot of time and you deserve the comfort. I have the Hybrid Toy Hauler Arch Bimini and really love it. I don't have to take it down when traveling at high speed and everyone seems to love the look. Congrats on your new ride!

Love the color combo!

Hey, thanks for the replies. I did order the SS LED lights and rub rail. Will definitely add the suggested helm chair and table. Wife just asked if we remembered the table actually. Was going thru the paperwork and we did not. Thanks.

Was planning on doing the side illumination lights myself and add rear underwater LEDs only. Probably going to pass on the blue underwater LEDs. Not sure why but didn't think it was a necessity other than looks of course.

@ Havas,

Yes the Chart/FF is dealer installed. They have done a GREAT job and are really helping get us what we want and with in budget.

Just got a call, have to go back and look at interior colors again. Sounds like a conflict With colors but that's an easy fix.

I appreciate all the feedback. Let me know if you think of anything else. As you all know and I'm trying to listen before we buy. We want this to be our last boat first.

I had to do the same thing.  The interior colors I originally chose were from 2015 but the dealer submitted them anyway.  But the factory advised I had to choose the 2016 colors even though the dealer didn't have the new swatches.  We actually really didn't change much, the colors were similar but with different names so we just had to clarify that.

@ Havasu - everything we selected was also out of the 16 color palette but we are going to have to do it again. No big deal. Probably end up with a completely different color all together. Lol.

It looks like the the recliner upgrade is only available on the r/q. I will double check to be certain.

Looks like Bennington might be working on their site today. Running a little slow at the moment. Will check back in tonight.

Thanks again.

I went on Bennington's site and the recliner upgrade was available for your boat.

Thanks for checking. 

Gives me an excuse to go on their website, lol.  I'm always lurking around there anyways.

Toon thickness. If you're going to be on rougher water, for example LOTO, you should consider this. .080 to .1 makes a difference.

Isn't the ESP package .1 thickness?

Isn't the ESP package .1 thickness?
I can't remember the specifics, but even for ESP's they used to offer a "High Horsepower Package" specifically for the LOTO market. It's not the same as "Rough Water Package" (upgraded M brackets, splash guards), which does also say 0.100" for toons on the ESP. Maybe the options are combined now. Your dealer should know.

Yes, they are .100 now.

Underwater lights on Indian lake are worthless. Really neat on clear water not so much with shallow murky water.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I did order the SS LED lights and rub rail. Will definitely add the suggested helm chair and table. Wife just asked if we remembered the table actually. Was going thru the paperwork and we did not. Thanks.

Was planning on doing the side illumination lights myself and add rear underwater LEDs only. Probably going to pass on the blue underwater LEDs. Not sure why but didn't think it was a necessity other than looks of course.

@ Havas,

Yes the Chart/FF is dealer installed. They have done a GREAT job and are really helping get us what we want and with in budget.

Just got a call, have to go back and look at interior colors again. Sounds like a conflict With colors but that's an easy fix.

I appreciate all the feedback. Let me know if you think of anything else. As you all know and I'm trying to listen before we buy. We want this to be our last boat first.

I used mine more at my docks than I did when on the water. Helps when putting the mooring cover on after hours.

@Willb, I was not going to place the lights underwater.  I plan to install under the decking.  More for ambiance and night lighting than anything.  Sitting at the dock or just hanging out on the lake at night.  Similar to Rockie69.  We will be at Spend-A-Day Saturday to reconfigure colors and add reclining helm seat.  Would love to see your boat and talk for a minute if you can.

@ SEMPERFI, can't have the rear table with the 50 gal. fuel tank per the build sheet.

Thanks again everyone.

Back