New to Benny - New to Pontoon - Back to Boating

More than enough...thank you very much.

The boat came on Friday and we made it over Sunday for our first look,  We were very curious about our color selections and wanted to go have a look.  The marina put in a door so we could get in as we want to keep the shrink wrap on for as long as possible.  So, the wife crawled in and took several pictures of the Tuscan Dune and Ostrich color combo.  It looks fantastic and we love it.  The wife and Monica did a great job with the color selections.

I appreciate all the input during our purchase process.  I have the under deck light and will get them on before it hits the water.  I had the factory add a mounting plate on the starboard side toon the week before the build so I can also put the underwater lights the wife wants on it at some point.

A big thanks to (Monica) Spend - A - Day Marina.  They were easy to work with and answered every conceivable question I had and did it all with a smile.  I appreciate them helping us spend our money, lol! 

Last edited by a moderator:

That looks great, can't wait to see the rest of it.  When I first got mine, the interior was pretty clean.  But there were a few smudges here and there that came off easily with Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner.  I then put a good coat of 303 protectant on.  Makes life easier if you do it when it's new.

+1 on the 303. I'd it every month and looked good as new plus it repelled some of the bad stuff.

Today is the day.  If you can remember, or read the beginning of this post, we ordered our boat back at the end of September.  After numerous emails, phone conversations and upgrades after the GSR arrived.  We are heading to the lake to take delivery of our new Benny.  I've actually had the boat here at the house but not in the water.  As the weather is going to cooperate, mid 70's, we plan on spending the majority of today on the lake.  We are going to start breaking the motor in and plan on pulling up to one of the restaurants for a celebratory drink.  Been waiting for the day for a while.  Needless to say we are very excited.

Happy boating!

Please provide photographic evidence!

Happy boating!

Congratulations and pics are always welcome.

Pictures are in my Gallery.

Nice MH663, going to be a great summer for you

We should have snapped a few pics when we ran into you guys on saturday or even sunday evening.  Maybe next time I can get a few action shots of you stretching the legs on that 250.  That is a good looking boat that I'm sure you are going to enjoy a lot this summer.  You're almost done with the break in and time for the real fun to begin.

Would love to get a few picture.  Thanks for offering Brian.  Where do you typically drop anchor?

Normally if we drop anchor it's over at the boat swim area(when the water warms up enough to swim and just float around)....on a map it's walnut island.   But typically if we are to drop anchor to have a bite to eat we like over by lakeridge.  Go under dream bridge and hang a right....back in the no wake zone beyond the mini statue of liberty (sits on the end of a dock) it's pretty peaceful and smooth water.

Indian Lake Map

Here's another map of the lake that I drew up last year marking landmarks for USFBA use.  Should be able to save it to a tablet or your pc and blow the image up....didn't print out real well on a standard sheet of paper (lettering is kind of small).

landmark%20map%20final_zpsyzpwclkz.jpg

We are planning on being out this weekend......temps aren't going to be as nice as last weekend but still doable.

We will be out at some point.  Joy traveling, back @ midnight on Friday and then leave again at 6 am Monday morning. 

To all,

I just want to say thanks to my dealer. They have gone above and and beyond any expectation I could have had.  I read both the good and the bad experiences some of you have had with your purchases. I am VERY fortunate to have had such a pleasureable experience with our marina. I can't say it enough...GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

SINCERELY,

MARLON AND JOY

Back