New to tritoon and must set up boat lift

PMully

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up a 2019 21SXL tritoon. I need to set up the boat lift. Do the pontoons need to be fully supported or only at points like I see them at the dealers? Also, I am told no carpet but a plastic draining material. I also see them on trailers that look to support the boat via the deck frame versus the pontoons. Any help is appreciated .

We have a Shorestation and on it we have a Shorestation Toon Rail System. The Part number is HA0202. Easy to install and makes it very easy to get the boat back on the lift. Google it !

Bennington told me no carpet too. But i'm on salt water. 16' boards would be more then sufficient. Also have to supports in the middle of the lift. Not in picture.IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0740.jpg

So the salt water doesn't stay.

We have a Shorestation and on it we have a Shorestation Toon Rail System. The Part number is HA0202. Easy to install and makes it very easy to get the boat back on the lift. Google it !

I have the same setup and like it. Would do the same again. Most the pontoons on our street have some configuration to lift by the platform.

I have had seaarks and fisher aluminum boards as well. All have said no carpet due to moisture retention which can cause the aluminum to pit, especially in saltwater. Dealer told me this AM out two 2x6 wrapped in the plastic trailer bink stuff and let it sit on the keel as they is how they factory store them in racks

16 ft reinforced composite bunks supporting deck, as recommended by Bennington - see attached photos. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• A0BA4761-9D13-498E-A34D-42FB14E317D6.png
    A0BA4761-9D13-498E-A34D-42FB14E317D6.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 92175D7D-74EB-4258-8B0B-30A208E5C843.jpeg
    92175D7D-74EB-4258-8B0B-30A208E5C843.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 349994C2-8915-46B5-9323-F2CFE90E8AF8.jpeg
    349994C2-8915-46B5-9323-F2CFE90E8AF8.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 177
16 ft reinforced composite bunks supporting deck, as recommended by Bennington - see attached photos. Hope this helps...
So the Toon Rail System is supporting the deck the same as your pics show, and looks a lot better and is more durable.

Last edited:
Both designs are approved by Bennington

Both designs are approved by Bennington

This is where all my confusion is on trying to set up a Tritoon lift.
I spoke with Bennington a couple of weeks ago and the guy I talked to said to only lift it using V cradles on each pontoon.
He said he asked the engineers and this is what they said.

I'm wondering if it varies by boat length and weight. I told him we were trying to set it up for a future QX, which is heavier than many others.

a0ba4761-9d13-498e-a34d-42fb14e317d6-png.23896

I was referring to this document.

This is where all my confusion is on trying to set up a Tritoon lift.
I spoke with Bennington a couple of weeks ago and the guy I talked to said to only lift it using V cradles on each pontoon.
He said he asked the engineers and this is what they said.

I'm wondering if it varies by boat length and weight. I told him we were trying to set it up for a future QX, which is heavier than many others.

Me too Yianni. We got a V-cradle bunk system two years ago for our tritoon per dealer, and then Bennington direct, follow up. However, since then I’ve seen lots of posts with correspondence from Bennington that seem to indicate both base support OR toon support is okay.

On our shallow lake, our V-cradles system costs us a little bit of water depth, which has a huge impact on our lifts practicality seasonally. I think the Toon Rail System some speak about probably would have afforded me more shallow water flexibility than our bunk.

I wonder if its a set up weight thing, or just a “who you happen to speak to at Bennington” kind of thing, or if its a either works fine, but the engineers have an opinion on what’s most optimal or safest...?

I wonder if its a set up weight thing, or just a “who you happen to speak to at Bennington” kind of thing, or if its a either works fine, but the engineers have an opinion on what’s most optimal or safest

That’s my guess as well. Before installing the tune rail system I spoke to someone at Bennington and they said either set up was fine. The Bennington dealer was the one who first suggested it to me as he really like the tune rails so I looked into it and went that way.

What is the thickness of the steel used for those brackets? Would want to make sure the don’t fold over due to the weight of the boat.
Also, 9 total (3 per toon)? Or 9 per toon? Most of the weight is in aft.

All you need are flat boards. Our boat has been sitting on these for 12 years with no problems. Don't overthink it.

Back