New to tritoon and must set up boat lift

I'm in Florida and they use flat aluminum planks with a plastic coating for the pontoons to set on all the time. This is the set up recommended by all the dealers in this area. We probably have 20 pontoons in my condo complex set up that way.

Thats kind of the way I'm leaning now. Are any of the Tritoons you see QX's? I ask because I believe they way in around 5,000 lbs, so I don't know if lifting it on flat boards will lift the boat without damaging the pontoons. If it were a lighter boat it would be no problem.
I'll keep researching. My situation is not too common as I haven't seen any examples of a QX on a lift.

Even on calm water isn't it hard to center the boat on the lift when you have flat boards for bunks?
We have 3 sets of Vee bunks on our lift. I like it because it's set to sink about 10" under the water, lower in the back, just like the boat floats. When I pull in the dock the boat self-centers on the three V bunks and they hold it tight enough to keep it from hitting the sides of the dock.

Dealer told me to go the flat route for lift and let sit on the keel as this is how they store them themselvrs. A million ways to set this up. I was looking for an OOTB package but i can see it does not exist

I would love to see the dealer spec sheet on support requirements. Not sure why it seems so secretive .

My dealer stores them on racks and claims the keel should be flatn on the boards. The trailer set up they use is magic tilt with the v bunk. On a trailer the v bunk is the bomb amd their setup ran from stern to weld before the nose cone .I ran a lot of fiberglass boats and with those using slings on big boats you need to know where the slings belong

I would love to see the dealer spec sheet on support requirements. Not sure why it seems so secretive .

My dealer stores them on racks and claims the keel should be flatn on the boards. The trailer set up they use is magic tilt with the v bunk. On a trailer the v bunk is the bomb amd their setup ran from stern to weld before the nose cone .I ran a lot of fiberglass boats and with those using slings on big boats you need to know where the slings belong

That's the issue I'm running into. What may work great on flat boards for a 22 footer may not work so great on a 25QX.
I'll talk to my potential dealer and see what others are doing.

My guess is they are all built the same, point support on the keel given its stiffness, or full pontoon on V bunks because not on the keel. They lay ships on their keels as with sailboats, I have no issue with this per the dealer but it sure would be nice if bennington would just publish their requirements properly .

They are elusive here in Brevard County Fl for dock builders. Nobody wants to pay the price apparently so everyone uses wood. The problem with telhe wood is low ridgity so unless you use a stiffened you done have much to work with. I was going to use a 2x4 on end but am worried about to much boyancy. Dealer says I am good will know later today .

See post #14

What was posted is fine, but not a spec sheet for structural hull support ..most manufacturers publish a structural support dimension sheet per hull model. In this case i am thinking the welder keel makes it a nine issue as the boat is so stiff due to the keel .

In either case thanks for the support satisfied so far

All you need are flat boards. Our boat has been sitting on these for 12 years with no problems. Don't overthink it.

This looks like simple and functional design - Does anyone know how to determine or find the information on the Tritoon footprint for a 2021 Bennington 24LSB? cwag's setup will be great if all my pontoons line up at same height off the I-beam but center pontoon may be different height??

All the same height. Not sure on the bow rider models though.if memory serves right the keels on the outer too s are 77” apart. Then, in the middle of that would be the keel of the center toon.

This is the feeling I got from the guy I spoke with at Bennington. He seemed a bit unsure.

I wonder if 9 of these brackets installed on the lift with 2X6 wrapped pressure treated would work.

View attachment 23906
How do you attach these brackets to a 2-1/2" wide galvanized "I" beam ? Hard to do since mounting slot is only on one side and my I-beal runs parallel with the bracket slot> :-( I do NOT want to drill in my galvanized I-beam. Thoughts ??

Back