New to tritoon and must set up boat lift

Carl is boating up in heaven now. I can’t remember how long his bunks were though. Sucks to type this but didn’t want you waiting for his response.

How do you attach these brackets to a 2-1/2" wide galvanized "I" beam ? Hard to do since mounting slot is only on one side and my I-beal runs parallel with the bracket slot> :-( I do NOT want to drill in my galvanized I-beam. Thoughts ??

I wish I could answer your question but I wound up having to scrap the retrofit lift project. After having several lift companies look at it and tell me it wouldn't work for a tritoon, I sold it on Craigslist and have a new lift being installed in March.

How do you attach these brackets to a 2-1/2" wide galvanized "I" beam ? Hard to do since mounting slot is only on one side and my I-beal runs parallel with the bracket slot> :-( I do NOT want to drill in my galvanized I-beam. Thoughts ??
Look up Fix marine supply they have everything you need for a boat lift.

I wish I could answer your question but I wound up having to scrap the retrofit lift project. After having several lift companies look at it and tell me it wouldn't work for a tritoon, I sold it on Craigslist and have a new lift being installed in March.
Thank you for the reply . I found out those V brackets were designed to mount to a perpendicular support with U-bolts. Not actually meant for attachment to a parallel support like a cradle I-beam. the use of V brackets ( 6 total for tritoons ) seems expensive if Bennington recommends under decking lift between pontoons or below pontoons on keel lift that's fine with me.

Look up Fix marine supply they have everything you need for a boat lift.
Thanks for the reply - but I don't see any angled bunk brackets on the Fix Marine Supply website :)

Just posted this on another thread. "Have a 24LXSR with ESP tubes on order and need to covert the carriage on my boat lift from v-hull to tritoon. My dealer says the boat lift only needs to be supported by the outer tubes, no center tube support needed, and that the bunks need to run the entire length of the tubes. Am curious to know what others think about this recommendation?" So wondering if anyone on this thread has any thoughts on this?

Just posted this on another thread. "Have a 24LXSR with ESP tubes on order and need to covert the carriage on my boat lift from v-hull to tritoon. My dealer says the boat lift only needs to be supported by the outer tubes, no center tube support needed, and that the bunks need to run the entire length of the tubes. Am curious to know what others think about this recommendation?" So wondering if anyone on this thread has any thoughts on this?

From my experience the dealer is a bit off on a couple points:

1) My dealer recommended I get a 3rd support down the middle for my 25R - and I think it's a smart bet not to let the 350 Verado sit unsupported. Not sure what you're running on that 24LXSR, but I'd go for the support if you have a heavy motor.

2) I've never, ever heard of anyone having bunks the full length of the boat - and on a 24 that's a loooong span. For reference, my lift only has 13" bunks, and that's about standard for any lift I've ever seen. Remember that most of the weight is in the back, so it's fine to have more of the boat hanging off the front of the lift than the back.

Thank you for your feedback/thoughts. Will have a 300 on our Bennington, so makes sense to have some center tube support. Will contact my lift manufacturer and lift service contractor to see what they recommend, as I'm sure they served other tritoon owners. - Thanks

Thanks for the reply - but I don't see any angled bunk brackets on the Fix Marine Supply website :)
If you go back to page one of the post and see the pictures i downloaded if you zoom in you may see the anchors that they sell.

If you go back to page one of the post and see the pictures i downloaded if you zoom in you may see the anchors that they sell.
I tried to zoom in ( see attached ). I see that your bunks are basically flat with black rubber coverings. I am preparing to do the same with THREE pressure treated 2x10s lying flat on the I-Beams with fasteners that secure the lumber to the I-Beam. GatorBak rubber is very expensive. Please advise on what black coverings you have on your flat bunks. Thx

pontoon LIFT  BUNKS details IMG_0740.JPG

I'm in Florida and they use flat aluminum planks with a plastic coating for the pontoons to set on all the time. This is the set up recommended by all the dealers in this area. We probably have 20 pontoons in my condo complex set up that way.
Hello. im convertng my belt lifts to cradle. Do you know where i could order the aluminum planks. seems like a great idea and wont float or rot! thx! John

I'm in Florida and they use flat aluminum planks with a plastic coating for the pontoons to set on all the time. This is the set up recommended by all the dealers in this area. We probably have 20 pontoons in my condo complex set up that way.

Hi, The alum planks look great for my lift. Fix Marine offers 12 & 16' lengths. Do you think 12s would be ok for a 21'LSB? Thx John..

My next lift will have the ShoreStation ToonRails

12 is good, especially for your length pontoon. When I had a lift, I had 12’ bunk cradles for each of the three pontoons. Almost all your significant structural weight is the rear third of the boat.

The installer used the 16’ planks on mine. I do not know what the difference was on the price of the 16‘ over the 12’. The picture here shows that the welded joint of the toon to the nose cone is resting on the plank. Our boat is 24’9” LOA according to Bennington.

Attachments

• 44F2CDD7-1C0B-4860-A966-EFBC1CBEB6BE.jpeg
    44F2CDD7-1C0B-4860-A966-EFBC1CBEB6BE.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 32
This is where all my confusion is on trying to set up a Tritoon lift.
I spoke with Bennington a couple of weeks ago and the guy I talked to said to only lift it using V cradles on each pontoon.
He said he asked the engineers and this is what they said.

I'm wondering if it varies by boat length and weight. I told him we were trying to set it up for a future QX, which is heavier than many others.
My 24SSLX is sitting on a 10' x 20' rack made out of 4" channel iron with a total of 4 crossmembers. I prefabbed the rack at home and have put it together with 4" long angles and bolts. (Welded would be better but more expensive.) Each toon sits on two 2 x 6's bolted flat to the frame an inch apart where the solid keel fits. I have horizontal bolster boards 3' above the frame running lengthways, and they flair out at the stern. When I come in, the bolster boards center the boat on the rack perfectly.

The cables go up to a Ace style 1 hp lift that has 2" pipe with two big bearings mounted crossways. Cables go to the stern where there are two big pulleys. The boathouse's frame is 12.5 feet off normal pool level which allows me to get the boat out of the water with the bimini top still up.

Back