New (used) trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWV

Reaction score
Looking to purchase 24 ft Bennington but it has no trailer,
SO I am needing a used (new) trailer that I can purchase, any ideas ?

Trailers are in such high demand, it's nuts. If you find a used one, expect to pay a lot for an older one that could have wiring and/or brake issues or who knows what. I help a guy broker boats and if we could sell just trailers, we would.

The best thing I could say is Google "trailers for pontoons" and you should find a few places that sell direct. Boat dealers will be the most expensive and don't always have the best models. Some nice features are LED taillights, brakes on at least one axle, a suspension and the new plastic (rather than carpet) covering the bunks. If you're just planning short hops you should be okay with a two tube model even if you have a tri-toon. I feel a good sized wheel is 12 or 13 inches. The larger the wheel, the beefier and easier it is to drive around but harder to launch and recover.

On last thing . . . even if your state doesn't require it, get a title, process it properly (into your name) and save it because the biggest hassle we have is with getting clear titles for trailers.

I personally like Yacht Club and Shorlandr but there are many good brands out there.

Last edited:
When we bought our Benny we also needed a trailer. Luckily there was a 2 yr old Yacht Club trailer available for $2000. It was set up for 2 tubes but they quickly added the supports and bunks for the center tube. One thing I wish it had was 14 inch tires instead of the 13. My R w/the I/O is a heavy boat and I think the added load capacity of 14 inch tires would help......

Hey CWV! Where are you located? I have a very well taken care of HaulRite pontoon trailer I no longer need....

Hey CWV! Where are you located? I have a very well taken care of HaulRite pontoon trailer I no longer need....
We have a selling thread. Post it in there.

Closed posting. Please post in “For Sale” thread in dock talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back