New Wrap On toon’s.

Can't imagine there would be a noticeable speed difference with a wrap. The more I look though the more I like having painted toons/wrapped toons. They look great when they are brand new, but throw in the water a few times and you start to get stains. Ranger boats paints all of their tubes, something to be said about black hiding stains.

I have seen some new bennys with solid black toons is this the same wrap type you are doing or something totally different?

Nothing really sticks to the wrap its very hydrophobic. Much easier to clean like a painted surface, i use spray wax, mine is just as glossy and shiny as the day i got..

You only go down as far as trailer bunks not the complete bottom. Here is one i saw with the Vantage added.

That’s what my question was. I figured that the trailer bunks would tear them up with constant loading/unloading.

The trailer bunks would not tear them up tho, it just is not cost effective to do bottom. Seems to b a Very big misconception on durability, think more durable then paint or powder coating, my wrap has been rubbing up against a sea wall for 3 summers and in its slip for several summers as well. As i said earlier, i ran aground a few times in Sarasota Bay. I tried to rip or tear the material and was amazed how almost impossible it was without some sort of sharp object and that was in my hand not on an object like toons. Just wanted to make sure people understood that this stuff will not tear or rip.

Wanted to show pic on water and another pic from behind to try Nd give idea of how it looks baked onto toon haha.

Attachments

• 08F8269A-457F-43E4-9EC4-516A57D925A2.jpeg
    08F8269A-457F-43E4-9EC4-516A57D925A2.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 8BF618C0-945B-483E-9574-4AF675A0BE27.jpeg
    8BF618C0-945B-483E-9574-4AF675A0BE27.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 135
Do they just let a small gap at the toon chamber welds?

I think your dealer would be the last people you would want to do the install. Think about what it cost to have service work done at your dealer. There are lots of sign shops out there that are doing it, just find a good one. If you had your dealer do it they would go to a sign shop to have the wrap printed (mark-up) or your dealer would sub contract and charge a mark-up for just making a phone call.

Wraps are images that are printed on vinyl, on large printers. The vinyl is layed over your clean mounting surface, backing material removed, squeegied to remove air bubbles. and then trimmed. If you see a NASCAR race, all of the cars have this vinyl wrap done, a lot cheaper than paint. A lot of younger people are having their street cars done to just change the color or add graphis. When you go to sell the car, just grab a corner and pull, you will be back to your factory paint. No damage done

Do a Google search for your area to see who and how it is done.

Maholli

Is your wrap done to the just the outside of your tubes and just the transom? Looks good. Might be a possibility when the shark hide needs to be replaced. The up front cost might be better than elbow grease needed every couple of years to remove and reapply.

I don't mind the work (dirty), but if I had a choice of riding or cleaning, I think you know what I would choose.

Does anyone happen to know the brand of the wrap material so I can ask my local sign shop if they have it, can order it, and apply it? I would like to be able to give them some idea where to look if there is something already out there being used and proven to work.

That’s a Cool idea. I’m guessing the wrap material is Much Much better then it was 5 years ago. Because everyone that I know who wrapped their wake boat has taken it off. The stuff just didn’t hold up.

I found people slow to report real world results from failing wraps or the wrap just not holding up. In fact I found 2 people who were total boat wrap cheerleaders
Had removed their wraps after only 2 seasons and never talked about on the forums for what ever reason. I think the toon wraps are a great idea, I just wanted honest real world reports.

I would think you could add clear bra! To the delicate wrap surface and that stuff takes a beating

The wrap definitely has a protective laminate over it. Its amazing how far they have come but you have to use the good stuff which is expensive. To me is worth it for custom look, also mine came with warranty.

That’s a Cool idea. I’m guessing the wrap material is Much Much better then it was 5 years ago. Because everyone that I know who wrapped their wake boat has taken it off. The stuff just didn’t hold up.

I found people slow to report real world results from failing wraps or the wrap just not holding up. In fact I found 2 people who were total boat wrap cheerleaders
Had removed their wraps after only 2 seasons and never talked about on the forums for what ever reason. I think the toon wraps are a great idea, I just wanted honest real world reports.

I know you guys are talking about wraps on the toons, but here is a real review of vinyl wraps on pontoon boat playpens. I had this wrap on my former Bennington for about 8 seasons. It was a gorgeous custom design using high quality 3m vinyl that I would do again. BUT, vinyl wraps are susceptible to damage. Even though we tried to be careful and always used large fenders when rafting up (a weekly occurrence for us), we inevitably got gouges and tears in the wrap. They were small and couldn't be seen from more than 10 feet away, but they were numerous.

I thought resale might be a problem because we live 500 miles from the school the wrap is promoting. But I sold the boat quickly to a local that rewrapped it.

WVU pontoon.jpg

The artist that did the wrap ghosted the lyrics to Take Me Home Country Roads in the background. It was subtle and beautiful:
WVU ghosted lyrics.jpg

Your wrap does not appear to have a protective laminate over it, high quality car and marine wraps should not tear, rip or gouge, the key is to have protective laminate over top of the it, 8 seasons tho is pretty good, I believe 10-12 years is shelf life.. i have never kept a boat that long. Usually every 5 years or so i buy another. I will upload the new one when it’s finished, my sea dek is getting installed today WOOHOOOOO.. :)

Attachments

• 9BDD0C39-0633-4FE3-B9A9-01E28314770D.jpeg
    9BDD0C39-0633-4FE3-B9A9-01E28314770D.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 69
Back