New Year, New Bennington, New Adventures!!

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
Saved up for a decade: 2021 = no more leaching off my Friends! Took me almost a month to figure out the options, but here is my new Benny just ordered and on the way (ideally before lake season in June!):

BENNIGNTON 26 LXSB

Functional:

• 350 HP Mercury Verado (everyone said you can't have too much, and a V6 - apparently quiet vs V8's).
  • Elliptical Sport Package .125 – ESP (we beach our boats a lot and with a big family, need lots of float).
  • Mercury Digital Go7 Simrad Display (engine diagnostics was the primary reason, otherwise I tend to be an analog guy).
  • Center Tube Fuel Tank (52 gallons - hate stopping for gas).
  • Dual Battery System (love backup systems).
  • Master Power Switch (keep it easy).
  • Wavetamer to Bow 3 Tube Upgrade (Sound interesting)
  • Heavy Duty Rub Rail (Well, I am a new at this)
  • Pop Up Cleats (I like my toes)
  • Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing (always dropping ice chests)
  • Ski Pylon 54" Aluminum (they say I can tow towables). I wanted a tower, but they did not accommodate use while Wakeboarding? Already designing modified Wakeboard holders to attach to side of boat that will swing out of the way when not in use.
Exterior:
  • Smooth Panels: Midnight with Monaco Blue Accent
  • Double Bimini Monaco Blue Canvas with cable stays
  • RGB Side Illumination & Controller (could not resist, and we like night swims).
Interior:
  • Seating: Silver Simtex with Pillowtop Diamond Stich Upgrade and Metallic Carbon Accents (Consensus = artic white hard to keep clean)
  • Helm & Co-Captain Seats with V2 Pure Recliner with Bolster Upgrade (Trying to get the CoCaptain Seat relocated further forward - please!!!). Wife and I like to take our own trips sans all the kids, and great to have a co-captain.
  • Swingback Plus with Stainless Keeper Rail (We selected the LX model for this SB Plus with an extra long flat space to nap - LOL).
  • Bow Gate Seat (hoping to get to fit behind 2nd Captain Chair next to Swingback when not needed upfront)
  • 2 Cupholders (or Phone holders as my kids use them).
  • Helm/Stereo Rockford PMX 2 (Less power drain and apparently plenty of volume, no loss of storage)
  • Woven Vinyl Sliver Flooring (liked the SeaGrass but concerned about coolers and equipment / coolers tearing it up)
  • In-Floor Storage (must have - need to store most of our stuff in the boat).
THANK YOU DEREK at SCMG for answering my endless list of crazy questions and getting this ordered (he must have had to contact the Rep a half dozen times with all my questions trying to figure out models and options and why online specs often seemed to make no sense and could I customize all sorts of things).

The LX model did not have a few features the RX had, but it saved me over $12K even after upgrading the engine and electronics and again, I LOVED the Swingback Plus (vs the Swingback Deluxe on the RX). I still have not been able to determine why it is 6" longer than the RX with the same sized deck and pontoons, I chalked it up to an error in the online specs (as confirmed by the detailed floor plan CAD drawings, the RX25 and LX26 models are the same deck and toon size). Important to note that the LX model had the wider seats (like the RX) just no armrest, that was not an easy detail to find. The biggest unknown is the performance of the ESP vs SPS - looked everywhere and could not find a side by side comparison. So, sprung for the additional upgrade. Figured First and Last boat - Just Do It!

Now I really can't wait for SUMMER! Thank you Benny Members for your posts and advice! Looking forward to some amazing family memories.

Happy Boating! Larry

PS - feel free to suggest anything I might have missed - I thought about the kitchen sink, but then I would have to do dishes.

Attachments

• LXSB Exterior.png
    LXSB Exterior.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 51
  • LXSB Floor Plan.png
    LXSB Floor Plan.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 53
  • LXSB Furniture.png
    LXSB Furniture.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 47
  • LXSB Engine.png
    LXSB Engine.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 52
Saved up for a decade: 2021 = no more leaching off my Friends! Took me almost a month to figure out the options, but here is my new Benny just ordered and on the way (ideally before lake season in June!):

BENNIGNTON 26 LXSB

Functional:

• 350 HP Mercury Verado (everyone said you can't have too much, and a V6 - apparently quiet vs V8's).
  • Elliptical Sport Package .125 – ESP (we beach our boats a lot and with a big family, need lots of float).
  • Mercury Digital Go7 Simrad Display (engine diagnostics was the primary reason, otherwise I tend to be an analog guy).
  • Ski Pylon 54" Aluminum (they say I can tow towables). I wanted a tower, but they did not accommodate use while Wakeboarding? Already designing modified Wakeboard holders to attach to side of boat that will swing out of the way when not in use.
Exterior:
  • RGB Side Illumination & Controller (could not resist, and we like night swims).
Interior:
  • Seating: Silver Simtex with Pillowtop Diamond Stich Upgrade and Metallic Carbon Accents (Consensus = artic white hard to keep clean)
  • Helm & Co-Captain Seats with V2 Pure Recliner with Bolster Upgrade (Trying to get the CoCaptain Seat relocated further forward - please!!!). Wife and I like to take our own trips sans all the kids, and great to have a co-captain.
  • Swingback Plus with Stainless Keeper Rail (We selected the LX model for this SB Plus with an extra long flat space to nap - LOL).
  • Bow Gate Seat (hoping to get to fit behind 2nd Captain Chair next to Swingback when not needed upfront)
  • Helm/Stereo Rockford PMX 2 (Less power drain and apparently plenty of volume, no loss of storage)
  • Woven Vinyl Sliver Flooring (liked the SeaGrass but concerned about coolers and equipment / coolers tearing it up)
THANK YOU DEREK at SCMG for answering my endless list of crazy questions and getting this ordered (he must have had to contact the Rep a half dozen times with all my questions trying to figure out models and options and why online specs often seemed to make no sense and could I customize all sorts of things).

The LX model did not have a few features the RX had, but it saved me over $12K even after upgrading the engine and electronics and again, I LOVED the Swingback Plus (vs the Swingback Deluxe on the RX). I still have not been able to determine why it is 6" longer than the RX with the same sized deck and pontoons, I chalked it up to an error in the online specs (as confirmed by the detailed floor plan CAD drawings, the RX25 and LX26 models are the same deck and toon size). Important to note that the LX model had the wider seats (like the RX) just no armrest, that was not an easy detail to find. The biggest unknown is the performance of the ESP vs SPS - looked everywhere and could not find a side by side comparison. So, sprung for the additional upgrade. Figured First and Last boat - Just Do It!

Now I really can't wait for SUMMER! Thank you Benny Members for your posts and advice! Looking forward to some amazing family memories.

Happy Boating! Larry

PS - feel free to suggest anything I might have missed - I thought about the kitchen sink, but then I would have to do dishes.
Might be the best description of a build ever lol! Congrats on a beautiful new boat

I absolutely love the detailed list of the main features with the personal commentary in parenthesis. Excellent! Sounds like you did your research and due diligence so as to order your last boat first. And I’m in love with that motor choice. Outstanding!

That is a nice boat. Congrats and don't forget pictures once she arrives.

Great selections!

Beautiful Bennington! Welcome to the family! Happy Tooning!!!!!!

I have an almost identical R - 350 Verado, 2021, Swingback (as noted, I got the deluxe), and Simrad. You're going to love it! Motor is quiet, powerful and fairly efficient as long as you don't flog it.

Only recommendation is to maybe look at getting the stern underwater lights - the side LEDs don't light up the water. We love having underwater lighting for nightswimming - and this boat doesn't yet have it (our previous Benny did). The only DIY addition I have yet to do.

I have an almost identical R - 350 Verado, 2021, Swingback (as noted, I got the deluxe), and Simrad. You're going to love it! Motor is quiet, powerful and fairly efficient as long as you don't flog it.

Only recommendation is to maybe look at getting the stern underwater lights - the side LEDs don't light up the water. We love having underwater lighting for nightswimming - and this boat doesn't yet have it (our previous Benny did). The only DIY addition I have yet to do.
When you find the underwater lights and how best to wire them easily let me know... Maybe I can bring my boat and a case of beer over and have you do mine too. :D;)

BENNIGNTON 26 LXSB

Functional:

Exterior:
Interior:

Happy Boating! Larry

Larry, your description was excellent! I love seeing what other people choose for their boat and why. Your option list is excellent. I understand about not wanting to have the kitchen sink. Too much work. Since you asked for suggestions though....

1. Have you thought about adding the underwater lighting (this is the one thing I had to delete of my build to make budget but I keep have sad dreams about it being gone)?

2. I see you didn't do the elevated helm. Any specific reason why not? I know everyone on here who has it highly recommends it.

3. Had you thought about the Silver simtex with the Monaco Blue accents instead of the Carbon? Some people like the pop of color other people like the more subtle look (my wife included :( ) I think the blue inserts look very sharp.

You will have a wonderful boat that will keep you happy for many years. You are a man after my own heart. Buy your last boat first (or at least now). Please post pictures when you get it! Thanks and enjoy your new Bennington.

Larry, your description was excellent! I love seeing what other people choose for their boat and why. Your option list is excellent. I understand about not wanting to have the kitchen sink. Too much work. Since you asked for suggestions though....

1. Have you thought about adding the underwater lighting (this is the one thing I had to delete of my build to make budget but I keep have sad dreams about it being gone)?

2. I see you didn't do the elevated helm. Any specific reason why not? I know everyone on here who has it highly recommends it.

3. Had you thought about the Silver simtex with the Monaco Blue accents instead of the Carbon? Some people like the pop of color other people like the more subtle look (my wife included :( ) I think the blue inserts look very sharp.

You will have a wonderful boat that will keep you happy for many years. You are a man after my own heart. Buy your last boat first (or at least now). Please post pictures when you get it! Thanks and enjoy your new Bennington.
I think all 3 of your comments are spot on.

Hi!
1) 2 Reasons for no underwater lights: Budget (had to cut something) and my buddy had them, the fish kept swimming next to them. Thus just the side lights so others could see us as we float.
2) I like the single level flooring, being able to tuck under that little tiny wind shield when it's cold, and reduce the number of things I can trip over. Plus the Bolster seat was a cheaper add and I really like this feature on friends boats.
3) Monaco Blue Accents - YES - it was actually painful trying to figure that out. We could find very few examples of that color combination and were concerned it might not look as elegant as the Carbon, which were able to see in person. I really wanted the Ocean Blue inserts, but then the Bimini was not available in that color. Ultimately this was the wife's pick, she likes subtle, but I got to pick the engine. LOL.

YES, will get those pictures posted upon arrival. Appreciate the suggestions and chance to double check my decisions.

Hi!
1) 2 Reasons for no underwater lights: Budget (had to cut something) and my buddy had them, the fish kept swimming next to them. Thus just the side lights so others could see us as we float.
2) I like the single level flooring, being able to tuck under that little tiny wind shield when it's cold, and reduce the number of things I can trip over. Plus the Bolster seat was a cheaper add and I really like this feature on friends boats.
3) Monaco Blue Accents - YES - it was actually painful trying to figure that out. We could find very few examples of that color combination and were concerned it might not look as elegant as the Carbon, which were able to see in person. I really wanted the Ocean Blue inserts, but then the Bimini was not available in that color. Ultimately this was the wife's pick, she likes subtle, but I got to pick the engine. LOL.

YES, will get those pictures posted upon arrival. Appreciate the suggestions and chance to double check my decisions.
Larry. Again sounds like you spent lots of time on this and thought it through! The Monaco Blue inserts are very sharp looking. Here's a pic if the link works... https://club.benningtonmarine.com/media/blue-silver-interior-jpg.8307/
My wife said it was a "loud" so we agreed on the Ocean Blue inserts as that still looks sharp but maybe a bit more elegant. My boat should be arriving in the next week or so and I can't wait to see the color combo (too late now to worry about it). You can do the Ocean blue seats and Bimini as a special item through Bennington if you really wanted. If you wanted some pictures of the Ocean Blue I can send you some video links on YouTube that show both the Silver/Ocean Blue or the Graphite/Ocean Blue.

The Monaco Blue does look sweet! YES please, would love to see the Ocean Blue - will check about that special order.

Back