Newbie Bennington owner

Debbie T

Reaction score
1E8F81E2-6CAD-4FFF-8318-E181886866F9.png We are newbie Bennington owners and could you please explain what these 3 switches do on our boat? . Sorry for asking goofy questions!

Left top is Docking light bottom is LED lights for night
Center top is LED lights on bright bottom is LED lights in Dim mode
Far right is a water pump that pumps water out of your center toon storage.

Left top is Docking light bottom is LED lights for night
Center top is LED lights on bright bottom is LED lights in Dim mode
Far right is a water pump that pumps water out of your center toon storage.

Do you just have the dock light on when you are just docking or leave them on when driving the boat? When do you use the mood light? The first two switches seem repetitive. Not sure I understand the difference between the first two. I soooo appreciate your help!

I'm a newbie too, but I think you only use the Dock lights (on front of boat) when pulling into a dock at night so you can see better (i.e. head lights). The LEDs are your mood lighting for the interior (also exterior if applicable) and you have a "bright" setting and a "dim" setting. Some LEDs can be brighter than you would like so appears they offer a dim setting. Sorry I chimed in if I'm wrong but didn't know how fast you needed feedback. :)

Think of the switch on the left as the headlights on your car. You will only want to turn them on when needed. For example docking the boat or trying to see in the water in front of you. Please do not drive with them on. Driving at night with them on deteriorates your night vision and those on other boats. It can also drown out your running lights(green and red lights on corner of bow/front) which can make it difficult for other boaters to know your intentions. The left switch only has one intensity.

Think of the middle switch as the interior lights on your car. However, these can be kept on while driving as these are more ambient type light that does not deteriorate your night vision but helps when moving around the cockpit of the boat etc. The rocker switch allows for two intensity settings to determine your preference. You will probably want to be on low intensity when running(boat moving) and high intensity when not running(not moving) at night.

And those little buttons underneath are circuit breakers. In case of overload or short circuit, they “pop”instead of “blowing a fuse”, so you can reset them

And the one of the right (bilge) may or may not do anything. I have that switch also but no bilge to operate! If you have a tri-toon with storage, you'll have a bilge. Otherwise, not...

Back