Newbie- Prop on 20SLI w/ Yamaha 50Hp motor

acehiggy, there is a lot of difference between props, even when they have the same diameter and pitch, for instance, i have a 14" x 13p michigan wheel vortex xhs, 2011 20SLi, 25" tubes, 50hp Yamaha 5600 rpm @18mph. Clark has a 22' w/50hp 13p and gets 19-20 mph, but we don't know what brand he has. I am considering going with the same M-W vortex brand with an 11p to get closer to 6000rpm and perhaps 20mph or more. Since yours is a new boat[mine too]the dealer is responsible for propping it correcly, so start with a call to your dealer, see if they will let you play with different props to get better results. Alternate to that, wait to see how mine turns out, but i won't change mine till next season.

acehiggy, there is a lot of difference between props, even when they have the same diameter and pitch, for instance, i have a 14" x 13p michigan wheel vortex xhs, 2011 20SLi, 25" tubes, 50hp Yamaha 5600 rpm @18mph. Clark has a 22' w/50hp 13p and gets 19-20 mph, but we don't know what brand he has. I am considering going with the same M-W vortex brand with an 11p to get closer to 6000rpm and perhaps 20mph or more. Since yours is a new boat[mine too]the dealer is responsible for propping it correcly, so start with a call to your dealer, see if they will let you play with different props to get better results. Alternate to that, wait to see how mine turns out, but i won't change mine till next season.
Thanks. I won't be changing mine until next season as well. I will ask the dealer what he recommends. I know they sold quite a few of the same model and setup as mine last year and that they experimented some with props.

Back