Newbie Purchasing a Used 23SSRXP

BobbyZ, the seller said people were offering the full asking price this week but they honored our original deal. Good people. We finalized the deal unseen last weekend. I guess if you find what you are looking for, jump on it.

Picked up the boat Friday. Love it. It’s in great condition. Only downside was the stereo with no sub. I upgraded for a 2011 Harris Grand Mariner that I decked out. I’m adding skirt LEDS, front LED spots and a subwoofer this week. I’m also adding sharkhide. These forums are a big help! Later, I plan to add a tow bar and flag pole. As a Clemson alum, I have to represent in Gamecock territory.

View attachment 27124View attachment 27125Half the fun is upgrading. I’ll post more pics after I’m done.

Nice!! I'm very happy for you! Looks like you got a great boat at a good price. I hear ya about jumping on the deal when you can! Beginning of the year I had an opportunity to buy a 2015 RCW ESP FULLY LOADED with a 250 Yamaha and wakeboard tower. Trailer included. By the time I decided I would take the deal someone bought it. They told me they would take $46k! Needless to say I could have puked. Boat was beautiful too! Oh well, search for the needle in a haystack continues.

Nice!! I'm very happy for you! Looks like you got a great boat at a good price. I hear ya about jumping on the deal when you can! Beginning of the year I had an opportunity to buy a 2015 RCW ESP FULLY LOADED with a 250 Yamaha and wakeboard tower. Trailer included. By the time I decided I would take the deal someone bought it. They told me they would take $46k! Needless to say I could have puked. Boat was beautiful too! Oh well, search for the needle in a haystack continues.

Sounds like a great boat. Another will come around. I really wanted something similar. I love the look of the arch towers. I haven’t found anything under $65K with the arches. The market is just crazy right now. I sold my 2011 Harris for 2k more than I paid for it. Probably should have priced it higher.

Sounds like a great boat. Another will come around. I really wanted something similar. I love the look of the arch towers. I haven’t found anything under $65K with the arches. The market is just crazy right now. I sold my 2011 Harris for 2k more than I paid for it. Probably should have priced it higher.

It is crazy!! Did you use a bank? If so who and how were the rates?

I live in Timberlake and we love Lake Murray. You? We are always looking for new friends on the lake!

We're down in the Ballentine / White Rock area. I'd offer to buy you a beer at the Rusty Anchor, but we're kind of hunkering down these days.

Yip USAA is maxed at 35k loans. We just got Bank of the West 4.79 240 months 10% down. No early pen so will pay down a tad extra to principal as we go. The Arch is the way to go but we had to spec order the boat to get it. Closest boat with arch I found was SC Captains Choice 23SSBXPA with silver interior and 2fitty Vmax. Not sure if 2020 or 21 but she’s a beauty just too far to drive. Good luck

If I find a used boat that say book for $50k and I pick it up for like $40k, can't the bank count that as my 10% down?

Yip USAA is maxed at 35k loans. We just got Bank of the West 4.79 240 months 10% down. No early pen so will pay down a tad extra to principal as we go. The Arch is the way to go but we had to spec order the boat to get it. Closest boat with arch I found was SC Captains Choice 23SSBXPA with silver interior and 2fitty Vmax. Not sure if 2020 or 21 but she’s a beauty just too far to drive. Good luck

Captain’s Choice is just across the lake from me. 10 minutes by Jetski. I saw this boat last week. beautiful if you have the cash.

If I find a used boat that say book for $50k and I pick it up for like $40k, can't the bank count that as my 10% down?

I always thought dealer contract is what it’s based off of, but it can’t be more than book, or you have to cover that spread above and beyond 10% down.

Captain’s Choice is just across the lake from me. 10 minutes by Jetski. I saw this boat last week. beautiful if you have the cash.
I figured based on his final price he was only discounting from MSRP around 10% tops. He knows the demand and will sell it soon, it’s a nice boat even without the upgraded stereo lol.

I just bought a new 22ssrxp tritoon with 150HP and trailer for 49K. So if you got the blackout and 250HP I would say that is a heck of a deal. Nice Boat.

I figured based on his final price he was only discounting from MSRP around 10% tops. He knows the demand and will sell it soon, it’s a nice boat even without the upgraded stereo lol.
Captain’s Choice normally has 50+ used boats for sale this time of year. They had 8 last week. Lake Murray is packed. Seems everyone bought a pontoon after their cruises were cancelled!

Back