Newbie Purchasing a Used 23SSRXP

Congrats! More specs and More pics!! ;)

I built the boat on Bennington. The MSRP was $72K with a 150. I’m guessing it would be around $77K with the 250.

Yamaha Mechanical Analog Pre-Rig
In-Floor Storage (2-25in Tubes)
Steering Power Hydraulic Assist
Steering - Sea Star Hydraulic with Tilt
Extended Aft Deck - S Series
Illuminated Kicker Speaker Upgrade (4)
Stereo - Kicker Sub and Amp Upgrade (S/SX/SXP)
RGB Toe Kick Lighting (SX/SXP)
RGB Controller SXP
Interior Accent - Metallic Carbon Simtex Zebrawood Slate Matte
Panel - Midnight Black
Dimensional Silver Brushed Logos
Canvas - Midnight Black
Pillowtop Dzigno Upholstery Upgrade 20% Cut Out (SXP)
Accent - Smokey Granite
Silver Simtex
Lifting Strakes (2 tube)
Heavy Duty Rub Rail (22/25)
Marideck Vinyl Full Flooring (22/23)
Battery - Dual with Switch (Port/Starboard) Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing (S) Blackout Luxe (SX/G)
Black Rub Rail Insert (Blackout Package) Battery - Power Distribution Panel (CW/Club)
TOTALS
PERFORMANCE PACKAGE SPECS
With 25" Tubes (20" transom)
Person Capacity 11 People
Hull Weight 2,242 lbs
Max HP 150 HP
Pontoon Gauge 0.08
STANDARD FEATURES
Interior • 24 Gallon Fuel Tank, 21.4 Gallon Usable Capacity • (NEW) Radius Bow Furniture • (NEW) Radius Stern Furniture • Transom Fuel Tank • 4 Chaise Lounges • (NEW) Two-Tone Vinyl Furniture • (NEW) SX Premium Furniture and Console • Horizontal Diamond Pressed Upholstery • Simtex Vinyl Upholstery • Woven Vinyl Flooring • Duraframe Seat Bases • Fire Extinguisher • G Series Reclining Captain's Chair • Captain and Co-Captain Seating (2 Pure-Comfort Reclining Helm Chairs with Integrated Headrests) • Powder Coated Seat Hinges • Black Rectangular-Shaped Table • Stainless Steel Rimmed Cupholders • Stern Radius Benches •
Exterior • 25" Pontoons • 6" Stainless Steel Cleats • Anodized Raised Rails • Deep-Step Stern Boarding Ladder • Full Length Extruded Anodized Skirting • Quick Release 10' Bimini Top with Surlast Embroidered Boot, 1.25" Frame & Trailering Struts • Stainless Steel Cleats and Corner Castings • Stainless Steel Deck Bolts (Fanged Elevator Bolts secured with Stainless Steel Nylock Nut.) • Stern Deck • Streamline Rail System • Surlast Mooring Cover • Underdeck Spray Deflectors • Flush Bow Deck • 18 IN Stern Deck • Mooring Cover Quick Clips • Full Height Panels • Extruded Splash Guards • Rounded Solid Keels • .250" Thick Bow & Stern Cross Channels •
Console Features • 12 Volt Receptacle • Console Courtesy Light • Hour Meter • Locking Side Access Door • Low Profile Windscreen • One Piece Fiberglass Console • Polished Steering Wheel • Rocker Switches with Dash Mount Breakers • Sealed Deutsch Connectors • Zebrawood Slate Dash Accents • All in One Kicker Stereo System (KMC45) •
CAPTAIN'

What year is the one you are looking at ?
It will be more than 3k to upgrade to a 250 .
You also have to upgrade the pontoons themselves . The max HP on the one you built is 150 .
Here is a link for NADA .

It must have SPS full center tube as it has floor storage option so it needs a center toon for that, right? Or is there a way to have floor storage with 2 tubes? Just trying to clarify. Sounds like a great buy on a well optioned boat. My 2017 22 SSRCX loaded boat I just traded up to had only 29.7 hours on it. The first owner ate a lot of depriciation for the few hours they used the boat in 3 years. 2nd owner gets a great deal and cries much less with their first scratch or dent compared to the first owner. lol

It is a phenomenal deal! Based on what you are saying, and the fact it is an s-series, it must be an SPS+ Tritoon hull to have the 250 Yamaha on he back of it. My guess based on your spec’d up boat is this would be $77-80k MSRP. However, spec up the same boat you did, but select the SPS+ Hull, that will unlock the Yamaha 250 option for you to get a clear price quote to compare to that very nice price. That is a great boat at $54k.

Great to hear feedback. Thanks all. Sounds like I’m getting a deal. I thought so. I never thought I’d drop $54k on a boat. Upgrading from a wonderful Harris Grand Mariner pontoon (115hp). Looking forward to being an active member on the board. Proud to joint the Bennington family!

New pickups 3/4 to 1 ton trucks can hit $100k if you order everything on them with diesel engine. My "totally new body style" loaded 2019 Ram Rebel hemi half ton had a MSRP of $62k. At least the Bennys hold their value after the first owner depriciation. Seems like mint condition Bennys several years old still seem to bring a good stable price. They look so much alike that a 5 year old mint one looks like new from 50 feet. Unfortunately the pickups drop value and all you can do is try to get best initial deal. Having a free 10 year warranty that can be transferred is pretty cool for the Benny second buyer. I look at these guys on our Willamette River with their $150k wakeboard boat with a bladder that holds a ton of water so someone can surf 15' behind boat while making monster waves that the floating home owners get mad about and think how much more enjoyment they would get with a fast tritoon with sps for half the money. .....and twice the mpg. lol maybe I just got old and miss the point

Last edited:
Great to hear feedback. Thanks all. Sounds like I’m getting a deal. I thought so. I never thought I’d drop $54k on a boat. Upgrading from a wonderful Harris Grand Mariner pontoon (115hp). Looking forward to being an active member on the board. Proud to joint the Bennington family!
Wait til you play with it in the water and carve some aggressive turns. You might forget about your Harris.

Very nice! So what year is the boat? Trailer?

Good luck today on ur test drive! I was looking at the same damn boat. Lol...When I saw all of your pics and questions, not to mention your excitement I decided to move on and keep looking. I hope everything works out and you get it!! If you do I will be curious to hear about your opinions and overall performance.

Congrats. Sounds like a fantastic deal! Please post more pics.

Awesome find

Nice boat, great price.
You cant spec one out on Bennington site and get a true cost or value.
I custom ordered my 2020 from Bennington 23R w/ 250 lots extras Bennington price on their page 114k w/o trailer. My Cost 65k.

BobbyZ, the seller said people were offering the full asking price this week but they honored our original deal. Good people. We finalized the deal unseen last weekend. I guess if you find what you are looking for, jump on it.

Picked up the boat Friday. Love it. It’s in great condition. Only downside was the stereo with no sub. I upgraded for a 2011 Harris Grand Mariner that I decked out. I’m adding skirt LEDS, front LED spots and a subwoofer this week. I’m also adding sharkhide. These forums are a big help! Later, I plan to add a tow bar and flag pole. As a Clemson alum, I have to represent in Gamecock territory.

08DB7FCF-F0F2-4BB3-AAF6-007C06432560.jpegF76D27AC-7682-4909-9AD8-48F7FB8CCE82.jpegHalf the fun is upgrading. I’ll post more pics after I’m done.

Back