No More SXP or G Series in 2021

Alicedream

Reaction score
I heard from knowledgable Bennington source the SXP and G series will be replaced by the new L series. This was inevitable that they would combine those two series models. Smart move renaming it also.

Interesting. I’ll be curious to see what they roll out.

Interesting. I’ll be curious to see what they roll out.
If you go to the boat builder and build a G, you‘ll see the outside new design.

Last edited:
Further update the SXP is the L and the G is the LX.

Interesting move. I can see it as a way to provide some clarification and distinction between models. The SXP and G can really overlap a considerable degree depending on how one would option them out.

Last edited:
Been messing with the boat builder site the past week, and the past couple of days brought some serious changes, like fencing style.
I also noticed that some new pricey mandatory add-ons to already expensive options like the G series ESP now has an additional $2K 50G fuel tank, and overall the price went up by about $5K with the exact same options selected as earlier in the week. Sheesh...

Given how high the prices are climbing I’m not going to replace mine anytime soon.

Been thinking on this some more...

I think Benny/Polaris should structure their lineup as such:

E - ultra entry level, very basic (formerly SV)
EX - SV premium, very basic, but have express tube and SPS 0.08/0.10 available

S - entry level, up to SPS 0.08/0.10
SX - entry level premium (formerly the SXP, since upgrading from an SX to an SXP was relatively inexpensive, thus doing away with the old SX), offer SPS 0.08/0.10 and ESP 0.10 at an affordable price

G - mid/upper-range, SPS 0.10, ESP 0.125
GX - G series with sport arch

R - luxury range, same SPS and ESP as G
RX - R series premium, with sport arch options and twin engine options

Q - pure upper range
QX - Q series premium, includes bowriders and Sport

Z - Ultra high-end, formerly QX/Sport all
ZX - formerly Q/QX with twin engines

There, the whole lineup portfolio with two trim levels per series...KISS methodology.

I don't think the old L/LX moniker from the late 90s should be revived, since that is usually associated with many vehicle base trim levels today, and may leave a bit of a stigma to newer boat shoppers.

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't go with "I" like everyone else (iPhone, iBoat, etc)!

Making their entry boat cost more will make our used S boats worth more.

Looks like smooth and textured panel option now too. I’m not digging the new rail style on the G model in boat builder though. Reminds me of another brand out there. I guess they figure they need to change it up a little after so many years of the same look.

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't go with "I" like everyone else (iPhone, iBoat, etc)!

Making their entry boat cost more will make our used S boats worth more.

Wow! I just cloned my “G” model in boat builder, I’m betting based on the that price, I can get what I paid for mine if I’d sell it. I didn’t realize how much they’ve increased.

Some more changes implemented this morning: looks like the base furniture for the G Series is no more, and now the upgrade to the Sport Upholstery is mandatory as the starting point - along with the $1,516 price tag that comes along with it.

However, I have only checked the 22GSR and 23GSR models since I've been debating between the two, so I'm not able to confirm if the other models/layouts are affected in the same manner.

I can't look at the boat builder because then I get tempted to buy a new boat. I think I even have to stop reading this thread. :p

I can't look at the boat builder because then I get tempted to buy a new boat. I think I even have to stop reading this thread. :p

DanteMakesSense.gif

The more I go to the boat builder, the more I just want to walk in to the nearest dealer and start the process TODAY!
Just a couple/few more years of saving so I can get get the boat that I really want instead of a settling for second fiddle.

I heard from knowledgable Bennington source the SXP and G series will be replaced by the new L series. This was inevitable that they would combine those two series models. Smart move renaming it also.
We bought the 2021 21L and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. First tritium for us and haven’t tried putting it back on the trailer yet. Am following this forum on trailer guides though.

We bought the 2021 21L and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. First tritium for us and haven’t tried putting it back on the trailer yet. Am following this forum on trailer guides though.
Welcome to the forum Sleepdon. Piece of cake getting that Tritoon back on the trailer! Take your time and practice!

Back