No Motor...No Delivery

Nooze

Reaction score
I ordered a new GCW 25 all decked out with a Yamaha 150 4S as the kicker back in February. Dealer told me i would have the boat by Memorial Day...No Problem! He called me less than 24 hours before delivery and tells me my motor is lost in transit and they have no idea when it will be coming or where it is. Dealer told me sorry there is nothing he can do. He doesn't have another one, he can find a trade with another dealer...nothing!

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Do 15k motors get lost in transit? Yamaha Motors Company did 15.8 billion in revenue in 2010, would they really work with unreliable delivery vendors that loose products? I know things happen but something sounds fishy to me. I was all ready to post pictures of my new boat on here and nada. What hurts the most is I had to break the news to my wife and 2 little girls that our Holiday weekend plans of being on the boat are cancelled. I am not sure who was crying harder...my wife or my little girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your missing motor. But your not alone I will not have my boat this weekend either. My dealer has my motor but no boat.

Hopefully the shipping company can locate the motor and you can get on the water.

My dealer also had told me that Yamaha outboards are almost impossible to find.

Good Luck

Nooze,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! I am not sure about the Tsunami affecting Yamaha's procurement and shipping of engines, but my dealer had a store room with about 150 different hp's deep when I purchased my boat. He has so many 115's, he told me to pick one. he had everything from 150 down......

Will

Thanks for your well wishes...My kids finally stopped crying but my wife hasn't.

Again, maybe the motor is lost and maybe world events lessoned the supply but, I made 8 phone calls to other local Yamaha dealers and found 3 150s that were available for pick up. I did that in about 30 minutes. My motor has been lost for a week and the dealer still says there is nothing he can do...He only called the other Bennington Dealers to make a trade. Last time i checked, a Yamaha is a Yamaha. Customer Service is certainly hard to find now a days. Red, that is awesome that you had the choice...An old salesman once told me "it is easier to sell it when you have it".

Back