Northern Michigan Fall Colors

Michiman

Reaction score
This is a shout-out to my northern Michigan Benny friends. We're thinking of heading up for a color tour this weekend and was just wondering if any of you could comment on the amount of color in your area. I've been scanning the internet for updates but most are a week old. I've also checked out a number of our state expressway cams but they really don't show much color.

We'll only have one opportunity to do this, so not sure if we should go this weekend (10/15-16) or next. Thanks for your time and input... :)

Pretty spotty. I'd suggest the Jordan Valley area in the Gaylord/East Jordan area. Always stunning.

Pretty spotty. I'd suggest the Jordan Valley area in the Gaylord/East Jordan area. Always stunning.

Thanks for the tip. Depending on any other comments, we may hold off another week.

Maybe Jack will chime in from the Indian River area.

I spent the day along the west coast from Muskegon to Frankfort and there was still an unseasonable amount of green leaves. 

Next week will be better, I'd guess.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking. Looks like I'll spend the weekend painting instead... :)

This is M115 NW of Cadillac this morning at 10 am.

15F84C84-A8D1-4710-8936-D8F1A00FDEB1_zpsx8woaeo2.jpg

Color is popping in Mt. Pleasant/Clare, too.

Color is popping in Mt. Pleasant/Clare, too.

Hey Randy, thanks for the update. We're heading north this weekend for our color tour and to retrieve the boat batteries from the dealer. I'll keep them on my smart charger over the winter.

Your job with MSU seems to get you around the state from time to time, huh?

Hey Randy, thanks for the update. We're heading north this weekend for our color tour and to retrieve the boat batteries from the dealer. I'll keep them on my smart charger over the winter.

Your job with MSU seems to get you around the state from time to time, huh?

We have a place in Frankfort and I travel between EL and there every weekend.

But yes, MSU keeps me moving, too. Last Friday I was in Hart and Grant getting up close and personal with potato, onion and carrot production, harvesting and processing. Fascinating.

778E2F98-8930-49E4-9477-6E96EE557A86_zps4vhq22ai.jpg

Post said taken in Farwell, but didn't detail the day or time, so who knows. Pretty, none-the-less.

C6BA8587-5650-4D0E-B115-D4CBAAC9AED0_zpsr2trpl94.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful

We have a place in Frankfort and I travel between EL and there every weekend.

But yes, MSU keeps me moving, too. Last Friday I was in Hart and Grant getting up close and personal with potato, onion and carrot production, harvesting and processing. Fascinating.

Oh, that's right. For some reason, I had it in my head that you were on Charlevoix. I guess we had this conversation before but frankly, I can't remember if I had breakfast this morning... 

Maybe Jack will chime in from the Indian River area.

We have been gone ( downstate ) the past 5 days .I would say maybe 50% now .Still lots of green on the way home 

A friend posted this from Petoskey today. Looks right around 50/50.

C3323095-75DB-4B36-8EE0-36B2DFD267A2_zps8mrq5kvk.jpg

Post said taken in Farwell, but didn't detail the day or time, so who knows. Pretty, none-the-less.

This busted my Awesome meter. Wow I go to Dale Hollow and Center Hill Lakes in Tn in the winter to see these Beautiful Birds.  Thanks for sharing 

TV weather  said this morning 10-14 days until peak . ( when are they ever right ? ) 

Jack, thanks for the updates. For us, if it's going to happen, it is going to happen this coming weekend!

I just now took these .Down the street and my yard/monthly_2016_10/large.2l.jpg.bc29dbb437b9f6791495742127704c76.jpg

,/monthly_2016_10/large.1l.jpg.0403463c5082f77649353d694271723a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back