Not able to fill gas tank

jpur2000

Reaction score
My 2017 Bennington will not let gas be poured into the gas tank. The gas comes right back out. Would appear some kind of airlock. Any suggestions? The gas cap is in the rear of the port side.

Do a search for this on the site (upper right corner of page) there are a few discussions on this issue, and various solutions.

Make sure the fuel line to the tank doesn't have a pee trap in it somewhere. This happened to me. It created an airlock. All i had to do was wiggle the fuel line a tad so gravity could do its thing and fuel started going in again.

This happen on my 2019 20S I had to remove the aluminum plate under the boat, undo all the hoses at the filler neck. Pull the hoses out from under the bottom of the boat. The hoses were run from the factory under the aluminum cross floor brace. This made a Pee trap in the vent hose. There was a 3" hole in the cross brace to run the hosed but the facdtory did not use it. I ran the hoses through the hole and re attached them to the filler neck. made sure if gas got in the vent hose it would run back into the tank no place for it to be trapped. fixed my gas fill problem. takes it at full blast now.

Back