Odd man out

lakeliving

Reaction score
We boated into town Saturday and tied off at the city docks to walk the boardwalk. I’m always the odd man out with our boat!

Attachments

• 066EDF06-4745-4855-A27C-8E6B3F2DF183.jpeg
    066EDF06-4745-4855-A27C-8E6B3F2DF183.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 123
We boated into town Saturday and tied off at the city docks to walk the boardwalk. I’m always the odd man out with our boat!

How do you think all those other boaters feel when you park that bad a$$ Benny next to them? You show off! :cool::p

3+ on those previous comments. I'm sure there are envious comments as they walk by your Benny. I'm equally envious that you can boat to town! Enjoy...

I am seeing more and more of them out on the water since we’ve moved down. I still haven’t had mine off shore but I sure want to. One of these days...

I look at people out in their conventional glass V hull boats and depending on the boat, if they have 6 or more folks onboard, they are all close together and seem kinda cramped. With our Benny 22 SSRCX with SPS and power assisted hydraulic steering , it seems like an aircraft carrier in comparison with rated seating for 12 people. Six people have tons of room. Someone comments on our "party barge" just about every outing. And then carve a fast turn at speed and their jaw drops at its nimbleness.

I look it as being "Unique" or standing out! It's a good thing! Be careful what you wish for Lakeliving. Our 1st boat was a 19 ft. Bowrider. We wanted to go out into the Chesapeake Bay so bad. So we picked a calm day and went out. the weather quickly changed and we were being tossed around like a rag doll. We had to cover the bow part in the front so water wouldn't come in. We never went out and the Chesapeake again. Ha!

Back when the world was normal (last year and before), we tied up with our gang just about every weekend. They all have migrated from "go fast" boats to center consoles over the last 10 years. We have been the only pontooners in the club. My wife is the queen of the hive when it comes to feeding the gang. Everyone makes their way to our boat at one time or another. We have large fenders with covers and know how to tie to fiberglass boats without damaging them.

Back when the world was normal (last year and before), we tied up with our gang just about every weekend. They all have migrated from "go fast" boats to center consoles over the last 10 years. We have been the only pontooners in the club. My wife is the queen of the hive when it comes to feeding the gang. Everyone makes their way to our boat at one time or another. We have large fenders with covers and know how to tie to fiberglass boats without damaging them.
Sounds like a blast! Glad you're enjoying your boat!

Wear it like a badge of honor!

Back