OEM mounting location for Satellite Antenna?

Jim_R

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a stereo head unit upgrade this weekend, fortunately the weather outlook is crummy! As part of the upgrade I will be installing a Sirius XM satellite antenna. My question is where does Bennington install the satellite antenna? My first thought was to mount it to the helm console forward of the windshield on my 2275 RL, but started second guessing myself thinking about the factory installed double bimini.

I would think you could put the antenna anywhere you wanted that looked good to you. The bimini shouldn't have anything to do with it. What type of antenna were you going to use?

I would think you could put the antenna anywhere you wanted that looked good to you. The bimini shouldn't have anything to do with it. What type of antenna were you going to use?
I have a shakespeare satellite antenna specifically made for Sirius I'll post model #'s of the equipment I'm using this weekend. Thought that the satellite signal was line of site, are you suggesting that the bimini top is transparent to the satellite signals? If so, that would simplify things greatly.

I know with our car I lose signal (comes and goes) when I pull in the garage, but if it's line of sight then why does it work under trees (full of leaves)? It goes through the leaves, why not the bimini? I don't think the bimini is going to bother it any. My $.02

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine forward of the windshield on the right hand side of the helm.

I bought mine at Amazon, where they are currently out but I'm sure it's available lots of places and that it will come back into stock soon. There are also many similar models. I think mine is a Terk, but I don't recall offhand.. Here's what it looks like:

21O-YQwA2hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wait, correction... It's a Shakespeare Galaxy SRA-40.

I put mine forward of the windshield on the right hand side of the helm.

I bought mine at Amazon, where they are currently out but I'm sure it's available lots of places and that it will come back into stock soon. There are also many similar models. I think mine is a Terk, but I don't recall offhand.. Here's what it looks like:

21O-YQwA2hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wait, correction... It's a Shakespeare Galaxy SRA-40.
Mine is the SRA-25 from shakespeare, looks more flush mount than the mushroom-type you pictured.

sra-25.jpg

Unfortunately my CeNet cable proved bad, so I only installed the head unit for now.

Back