One last motor question (300 vs. Vmax)

dmdword

Reaction score
sorry to post another thread about this but dealer has now offered F300 Yamahas for a grand more than the Vmax 250. All my research points to both motors being great but appears potentially the F300 is more bulletproof option from a reliability standpoint. I know the Vmax tests close to the 300 in a lot of categories. Going w a 23ft R series fastback. Is the 300 HP too much for cruising and pulling kids on tubes. I’m thinking the 300 is the way to go. I regretted not getting the 200 or 250 early on (vs my 150)and dont wanna regret getting the 300 vs. the 250. Is gas mileage gonna be much better w 250 or not enough to matter? Basically are there any reason NOT to go with the 300? Thanks guys! Will post pics of build when she comes in.

Only 1k difference??? Definitely!

I say this as a sho owner who loves my motor, get the 300 man!! Get the biggest motor permitted and you can have no regrets.

I looked at your profile! Your a 38 yr old male with a abundance of testosterone. I'd put a 300 on it if I was on a 250 acre lake or larger! Remember,send pics.
Haha, you may be right! I went ahead and pulled the trigger. We live on Lake Hartwell SC (huge lake!). Just afraid now I may lose my four year old over the edge at full throttle.

$1k different to get the 300? Sign me up!!! That’s a no brainer right there. Just put life vests on the kiddies Incase they fly out the back, make sure adults have life insurance and sign off on the dangers of riding in your boat, and hammer that throttle.

Disclaimer: Vikingstaff in no way advocates following any stupid driving advice he offers up when someone starts talking horsepower. Horsepower makes him stupid, and all other advice given thereafter is unsafe and unwise. Just ask his wife, and she will verify the accuracy of this disclaimer. :D :rolleyes: o_O

Jeff was reading my mind about using a life jacket for him!!! I would love a 300. One day, one day...

Haha, you may be right! I went ahead and pulled the trigger. We live on Lake Hartwell SC (huge lake!). Just afraid now I may lose my four year old over the edge at full throttle.

I’m also on Hartwell. Also 38. And also a dentist (guessing on the dmd?). I’d go 300 as I said before but if you’d like to get out in mine before you order let me know. I keep it in the water at portman and run twice a month through the winter regardless of weather. Dirty toons at the moment but you could get a feel for all things sho

I’m also on Hartwell. Also 38. And also a dentist (guessing on the dmd?). I’d go 300 as I said before but if you’d like to get out in mine before you order let me know. I keep it in the water at portman and run twice a month through the winter regardless of weather. Dirty toons at the moment but you could get a feel for all things sho
yessir a dentist in Seneca. I was the guy who had his bennington stolen by a thief last year after he had rambled through my house stealing lots of stuff. Found boat keys and off he went. Caught him passed out on the rocks almost in Georgia. He was outta gas high on meth. Lucky me! At least I got the boat back. Father in law buying the old Benny and getting a new one. May have to hit you up as it gets warmer. I’m right beside the Clemson marina.

You can never have too much HP. DO it!

yessir a dentist in Seneca. I was the guy who had his bennington stolen by a thief last year after he had rambled through my house stealing lots of stuff. Found boat keys and off he went. Caught him passed out on the rocks almost in Georgia. He was outta gas high on meth. Lucky me! At least I got the boat back. Father in law buying the old Benny and getting a new one. May have to hit you up as it gets warmer. I’m right beside the Clemson marina.

So I'm guessing his teeth were bad? That is some crazy story! Any news story links?

Having a F300 on R23........You need to go with a 300......You will never regret it.

Story doesn’t do it justice. He hotwired my golf cart and damaged it. He also drove a stolen car (the last of four he had stolen that morning)into the lake beside my dock that we did not even know about until the next day. When they found him he had on my wife’s jeans and tank top. I could write a book on this one.

Back