Only one splash pan?

DMH

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Bennington but had many other pontoons, I've had my 20sll for a couple of weeks now and while swimming underneath the other day I saw that there was only one splash pan between the port pontoon and the transom pod. There is none on the starboard side, I called the dealer and he said that was the way they came. Have you guys seen the same thing?

On my Manatou I added extra long splash pans and it increased the top speed by 5mph..

Is that the same as a wave shield?

My 24SSL has full underskirting on both sides of the motor pod, with wave shields in front of that on both sides. 2012 model though.

Do you have any photos? Only having a shield on one side doesn't seem right.

Yes I have photos but getting them on here is not easy.. I don't have a url host

Does this work

Attachments

• P1120607 Port.JPG
    P1120607 Port.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
  • P1120608 Star.JPG
    P1120608 Star.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 96
yes they worked. does not make sense to me, my '14 sslx has it on both sides equally. I would call Bennington.

Only on one side as typically your harness and fuel lines come out one side. If you have openings on both sides, you’ll probably have a cover on both sides. It wasn’t a forgotten thing. Both of mine have been this way.

If you paid for the wave shield option, the wave shield should cover all the way to the bow, to 1 or 2 cross beams from the very front.

Just got a reply back from Bennington, they said the lawyers made them put it on the port side to cover the fuel line but the bean counters said no to the one on the starboard side...lol

Asked if I could buy one for the starboard side... Will wait and see..

I bought this boat off the showroom floor so didn't have the option to add the wave package

Just got a reply back from Bennington, they said the lawyers made them put it on the port side to cover the fuel line but the bean counters said no to the one on the starboard side...lol

Asked if I could buy one for the starboard side... Will wait and see..

I bought this boat off the showroom floor so didn't have the option to add the wave package

Well, the situation makes sense. And it clarifies that you were talking about an actual splash pan, and not underskinning/wave shields.

Makes sense. I bet the dealer could install wave shield as after market option and have it go to bow. If you wanted one. You could probably do so as well with the right tools. It would help with ride and speed.

So how great is this company... They said I couldn't buy a starboard side splash pan, it's not a stock item, BUT they would make one AND ship it to me as a good will gesture....

Dave

That is pretty spectacular.

So how great is this company... They said I couldn't buy a starboard side splash pan, it's not a stock item, BUT they would make one AND ship it to me as a good will gesture....

Dave
That goes a long way for me!!

That is awesome. But if you want the performance improvement you mentioned, you’ll want the wave shield all the way to the bow.

Back