Ordering First Bennie

JTaylor

Reaction score
After many months of looking and researching I’m just about to sign the purchase order on ordering my first boat, a 2014 24SLX3 Tritoon with SPS, extended bow, double bimini, upgraded Captain’s chair, GPS, privacy enclosure, etc.  We’ll operate it on the Potomac River in northern Virginia and I’ll keep it in a slip.

Bennington’s build website showed the biggest motor available was a 150 and I was fine with that.  That was until I found out I could get it with an F200, so I was able to convince the wife to go with the bigger motor.

I’ve been stalking this site for a while and have learned a lot – thanks to all!  I have also stalked the Pontoon Forums site, where Bamaman was a great early influence to go Bennington.  It’s good to recognize a familiar name on both sites.

Am I allowed to call it a Bennie since I don’t actually own it yet?  J

Cheers,

[SIZE=11pt]John [/SIZE]

Did I just commit my first faux pas buy spelling it Bennie vs Benny?

John

Both spellings are acceptable!  Haha, congrats, that's a great setup!!

Congrats and welcome !

Great setup there! You'll love the f200. We are waiting for ours to come in in just a couple weeks and am dying to get it. Welcome to the family!

Welcome to the family !! Sounds like an awesome setup. Remember ..... PICS when it's in !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice you will have to let us know how fast it runs with the F200  I hit just under 40 with the F150.

I have a lot to learn but have been reviewing a lot of past posts, which have been very helpful. It sure does seem like a family here.  

Now I just have to go through the long wait before getting in the water, and I'll definitely get some pics up when I can.

Thanks much, 

John

Congrats on the new Benny.  if your like me we will have to wait until spring to even take the first ride.  Can't come soon enough.

Back