Outboard Electrical Connections

Jim_R

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the for lack of a better term jumper block electrical connections on my 2275 RL.

med_gallery_1279_123_4871512.jpg

Given the rather stringent rules regarding covering both positive and negative battery connections, I'm wondering if I am missing boots or covers for these connections. Anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm just wondering if they originally came with covers, like these:

BEP-Marine-702--3-8-Single-Distribution-Stud-Module-1801341254086.jpg
Yes, they have covers. At least mine does.

I'd say the grounds not an issue, but the positive needs covered. You never short a system by grounding the ground, but you can fry it quick grounding the positive.

I shorted a wrench from positive to ground on a vehicle, and burned up the main harness. Needless to say, the arc it created, I think I had to change my drawers !!!!!

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if you short the positive lead to ground you can get disastrous results. Not following safety procedures caused this damage, just a little over $1.5M. Smoke and electronics don't mix, entire site had to be replaced. 24 volt backup power supply.

P1010267 (Custom).JPG

Thanks for the confirmation - I'm having my dealer ordering up two of what they are describing as White Covers. $1 each. I'm lucky they didn't make me order two assemblies at $10 each. I'll probably tape up both terminals until the covers arrive.

Yes, if you short the positive lead to ground you can get disastrous results. Not following safety procedures caused this damage, just a little over $1.5M. Smoke and electronics don't mix, entire site had to be replaced. 24 volt backup power supply.
Oooooops .....

P1000101.jpg

Thanks all - this is much better!

Back