Outboard Engine Cover

Larson1865

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying an engine cover for my Brand new Bennington SSRX 24ft with a Yamaha four stroke 115F. Anyone recommend this or have an opinion on getting one?

There are quite a few out there, most of them made by Attwood. The factory ones fit REALLY tight and are hard to get on and off when in a typical slip.

I have one that was fabricated by a canvas shop from Sunbrella with a felt-like lining so it doesn't scratch the cover. It has a small drawstring at the bottom and easily goes on and off in seconds from the aft deck, no struggles at all. Any canvas shop should be able to do this for you for a reasonable cost.

Why do you guys use engine covers, not being a wise guy not sure why

Our Lake Birds sure like using those Engines as a stopping and resting point. Guess what they leave behind?

Just saying

As to why, my old Yamaha did fade over time and considering the investment in the motor, i want it to maintain its shine. Just wondering if they can cause any damage potentially. Thanks.

I plan on getting one. Big investment hanging off the back and I want it to look great for years and years to come.

Why do you guys use engine covers, not being a wise guy not sure why
Birds, hard water, sun, deterrent from others sneaking a peak under my cowl. I also use mine while trailering, road scum, and I cover the prop to aid in people accidentally getting cut. (when on the trailer)

I found a factory cover at a good price on Ebay. It keeps the motor from fading, and I have a real problem with birds nesting in the air intake without it.

I use a Tuff skinz for my merc 150 pro xs.  Love it

Back