Outboard Vs Inboard

I had a post a couple of weeks ago under the HHP reinforcement package heading. Concerned on going onto rivers like the Ohio. Does anybody do these kinds of rivers much ? See Bamaman is on the Tennessee. I am concerned about logs, debris in these places. Thanks Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the Ohio river but I do all our boating on the Rock River and Mississippi River. You may have to be a bit more carefull on the river escpecially after heavy rains that may carry debri down the river. I have broken a few props over the years but nothing more serious than that.

When the Ohio raises quickly after rains, there can be debris. Normally it is not bad. Lots of boats at Cincinnati. It thins out very quickly going south.

Maybe overly ambitious, but thought of taking the Ohio to Paducah Ky and following the Tennessee River to Huntsville Ala. I have a cousin who lives on the river outside of Hunstville. Would take a lot of planning. Gerry

Hehe for whatever reason I just had the thought of that movie "The Straight Story" and Gerry cruising into the sunset and sleeping on the boat!

Hehe for whatever reason I just had the thought of that movie "The Straight Story" and Gerry cruising into the sunset and sleeping on the boat!
Actually Derrick I thought of Douglas McArthur stepping off the landing craft in Leyte in the Philippines, (Huntsville), and telling my cousin " I did return". ;)

Back