Overton's Price Match

bcpnick

Nick
Reaction score
I've heard some people around here talk about getting Overton's to match prices. So I decided I was going to order a second small box anchor and I hit them up to match this price ($128.99):

http://www.boatersplus.com/slide-anchor-small-box-anchor-sba.html

Seems legit, they list the MSRP and then list their price. But Overton's absolutely will not match it because they say they won't match 'sale prices'. I told them this is not a sale or special, it's simply their competitors price. And then they just responded with their policy. All of this in delays of 1-2 days for each response from them. 

We will match any competitor’s printed catalog or internet price within 14 days of your purchase! Just mention where you saw the lower price, and your representative will verify and match the price at the time of the order or credit you for the difference on your previous purchase. The price match will be based on the final selling price, including any Overton’s promotional discount and freight surcharge. This offer applies to all in-stock, regular-priced merchandise offered by authorized retailers. This offer excludes special orders, advertised specials or sale prices, Ebay or Amazon, misprints, and closeouts. We reserve the right to not sell any product below our cost. For questions or details, please call Customer Service at 1-800-334-6541.

If that price isn't worthy of their policy, it's hard for me to understand any price that would be. I guess any price lower than the MSRP is considered an 'advertised special'? Anyone else have troubles (or luck) getting them to actually match a price? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. That does not look like a special. Good to know. Thanks for posting that.

I used the same site as Jack to price match and also used a coupon back in June.  Call again, maybe you will get a different person.

Yep, they said they would. I guess it's only valid if the competitor doesn't list the MSRP or how low below it they are selling it for. :rolleyes:   I'll wait until they have another coupon and pull the trigger. Thanks for the link, Jack. 

To get 15% enter "2015" into the promotion box.  I just tried it on a box anchor and it worked.  Actually, you'll be calling, so it will be over the phone.

I just ordered the Baby ( or extra small ) for the stern $91.00 including tax ,delivery .

Overtons coupon is Jan10

How do the Box Anchors work on soft bottom lakes?  

I currently have two river anchors that I used with my 2275GSi twin (bow and stern) and they worked fine until it got windy.  With the size and weight of new boat, I'm not confident they'll work.   I assume I would need two box anchors for my new boat.  What size?

The only place I anchor is at a sand bar .I have a 2375 ( loa is 26.5 )  I use the small box in the bow .

Holds great .Last year I used a danforth in the stern to stop the sway  .I got the baby ( or extra small depending where you buy ) this year because I like how well the box sets and holds .

I picked up another small from Overton's with the PBS Boat Store price match and the extra 10% off on Friday. $117 out the door. Not too bad. I was debating getting the baby, but decided the smalls are still easy enough to lug around, and I usually just leave them on the beach anyway. :)  Now I get to finally get rid of that awful danforth! 

IMG_9967.jpg

Back