Owners Manual needed

keithkz

Reaction score
Hi guys. Can someone please tell me where I can download an owners manual for my 2005 Bennington 2575RL I/O? Thanks.

Hi KeithKZ . . . I was also looking for an Owner's Manual for my 2003 207FS. I think Bennington does 1 general manual -- I had to search the website to find it! It you can locate it here: Home >> OUR COMPANY >> WARRANTY [it's at the very bottom of the warranty page].

Hi KeithKZ . . . I was also looking for an Owner's Manual for my 2003 207FS. I think Bennington does 1 general manual -- I had to search the website to find it! It you can locate it here: Home >> OUR COMPANY >> WARRANTY [it's at the very bottom of the warranty page].
I see the generalized one, but I was hoping for something far better. For starters, one that tells me all of the maintenance things to do on the boat and motor (hydraulic steering....how to check the level, etc.). I have the 5.7L Volvo Penta engine in mine. I just figured as great of a company Bennington is supposed to be they would at least have owner's manuals specifically tailored for owner's exact model/configuration. Very disappointed...but thanks to you two for your responses.

Keith

The manual you seek comes from Volvo Penta, not Bennington. A V-P dealer (or eBay) should be your ticket.

I see the generalized one, but I was hoping for something far better. For starters, one that tells me all of the maintenance things to do on the boat and motor (hydraulic steering....how to check the level, etc.). I have the 5.7L Volvo Penta engine in mine. I just figured as great of a company Bennington is supposed to be they would at least have owner's manuals specifically tailored for owner's exact model/configuration. Very disappointed...but thanks to you two for your responses.

Keith

Can you determine who made your hydraulic steering? That, plus Google, should get you fixed up.

So you can see, with so many varieties of sourced parts, there's no way that BM can write an owner's manual for every combination. Was there an installation sheet for your steering components included in your original paperwork? If you are the first owner, lean on your dealer.

Thanks but I see I have a vent/fill spout for my hydraulic steering fluid located on top of my helm on the right side. Do I use this to fill or check the fluid level? If not what exactly is this for? Thanks.

Keith

Can you determine who made your hydraulic steering? That, plus Google, should get you fixed up.

So you can see, with so many varieties of sourced parts, there's no way that BM can write an owner's manual for every combination. Was there an installation sheet for your steering components included in your original paperwork? If you are the first owner, lean on your dealer.
Thanks but I still firmly believe that indeed BM should have specific manuals for such nice boats. I am the second owner and no I do not know who made my hydraulic steering. Thanks for the info. though.

Back