PADS infection

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
We were at the Cincinnati Boat show last night. Saw the full windshield  22' Q with a 300 O/B.  Good looking boat.  The PADS struck will looking at a 22sfx.  We have an older 22' toon we take to Canada for a week fishing trip and I am getting tired of screwing with the older motor and with no strakes it maxes out at 14mph with a full load. [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]The boat we looked at had the G helm seat ,G front recliners , [/SIZE]elliptical[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] toons,  2 upgraded bass seats with the angler station in the back.  [/SIZE]

Question for the forum members with fishing toons.  What options do you have that you love and which ones do you wish you had on the boat.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no advice for fishing ,but.

Welcome to the Club within the Club .

To the uninitiated, PADs started as "Pulling A Derrick" after our club's most prolific boat upgrader.

Other of us, me included, prefer "Pontoon Acquisition Disorder."

Neither is yet in the "Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders," but is expected to be in the next edition!

;-)

PS: Like measles at Disneyland, PADs is most frequently contracted at Boat Shows. If you don't wish to get infected, stay away!!!

To the uninitiated, PADs started as "Pulling A Derrick" after our club's most prolific boat upgrader.

Other of us, me included, prefer "Pontoon Acquisition Disorder."

Neither is yet in the "Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders," but is expected to be in the next edition!

;-)

PS: Like measles at Disneyland, PADs is most frequently contracted at Boat Shows. If you don't wish to get infected, stay away!!!
And the build website .

Thanks for the diagnosis. I have had the shakes and sweating for the last two days. Got an email from Mercury Marine with a teaser video. They are coming out with new, more powerful outboards. Got me a bad case of MEAD. Mercury Engine Acquisition Disorder. The horror!

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the diagnosis. I have had the shakes and sweating for the last two days. Got an email from Mercury Marine with a teaser video. They are coming out with new, more powerful outboards. Got me a bad case of MEAD. Mercury Engine Acquisition Disorder. The horror!

Cheers, Steve
Yeah, I got one too, so we'll have to wait until February 12th to find out. They certainly have to keep up with the new G2's.

Now, I have a slight problem.  Was getting ready to place a deposit on a 22SFX with a mercury 150.  Was just on the Mercury website and it is talking about the new announcement in 6 days.  Does anybody know what is coming out? 

I received this today . My dealer orders his motors interdependently. For example ,last year my motor came in 2 weeks ahead of the boat . You dealer should be willing to work with you .

Now, I have a slight problem.  Was getting ready to place a deposit on a 22SFX with a mercury 150.  Was just on the Mercury website and it is talking about the new announcement in 6 days.  Does anybody know what is coming out? 
They're keeping word very tight. I'd guess the 150 4 stroke is pretty safe as it's fairly new, competitively priced, and selling well.

We just bought the 21 SFX APG SPS package with the Yamaha 150.  We don't even have the build date yet but, with the 4 fishing chairs, we wanted the in-floor storage since we lose storage by losing loungers.  

mraynie,

Congrats on the new boat -- you're going to love it!

We just bought the 21 SFX APG SPS package with the Yamaha 150.  We don't even have the build date yet but, with the 4 fishing chairs, we wanted the in-floor storage since we lose storage by losing loungers.  
Congrats, I have the exact same boat, your going to love it. What color did you go with. 

We are negotiating on a 22 SFX APG with the twin ellipticals with the Mercury 150 ( That's why I am curious about Mercury's' new announcement).  It is Granite with the blue accent panels. G recliners up front and G helm seat. Trolling motor gate and wiring.  Actual live wells, not an old cooler with an aerator.  Motor that runs all the time. This will be a huge improvement over the 2002 Crest we are fishing from now.  Can get where we are going in 1/3 the time. 

Update - Just put the deposit on the boat.  

Thanks all, we ordered the nautical blue.  Now we are having fun thinking of a name for the new boat.  our dealer says it should be in, mid-April.  I am hoping that spring arrives on time in Illinois this year instead of June, like last year.

I'd name her "April May". Or "zeek". Possibly "chicken foot"

Great color. Everyone knows that blue boats are faster and turn better and handle bigger waves and match my favorite boat drink-- Blue Hawaiian.

Cheers, Steve

Congrats, I have the exact same boat, your going to love it. What color did you go with. 
I looked at your gallery, it was cool getting to see what the boat we ordered will look like since we ordered off of a drawing.  What kind of speed do you get out of yours?

mraynie, my friend bought a 2015 SFX with SPS toon setup and a Yamaha150.  When he took it out for a test run he did 42mph

Yes!

A discount program on the current line of Mercury motors.

Back