Paint Advice

azray007

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

While out this weekend on the pontoon, I noticed something on the side of the boat.  When I used my fingernail to remove the bug, my fingernail scratched into the paint.  I've noticed that my pontoon boat scratches really easy.   My wife has been all over me to let it go and that the scratches just show use.  I'm a little concerned I could scratch the paint with my fingernail.  Has anyone else had this kind of issue?  I thought the Bennington paint jobs would be powder coated or at least as durable as a car's finish.

Thanks for the advice and feedback!

Alan

Never had that happen to me, and I'm approaching 150 outings with our boat.  Doesn't sound right to me.

Have you tried to remove the marks with something like Nufinish or product like it? If you can scratch the surface off to the primer below, there must be a problem with the paint process. Not sure if Bennington even paints the rails themselves or gets the panel material prefinished. Worth a ask!

With out a doubt it should be covered by warranty! Call dealer.

Thanks Chris. I'm going to enjoy boating until it gets cooler.  At that point, I'll see what Bennington has to say about it.  

The paint on what?

Has some panel damage when the boat was delivered, dealer swapped out the panel, not sure what the cost was, but it didn't sound like a big deal to do. ??? Talk to your dealer, maybe they had a bad run in the booth???

Back