Parting is such sweet sorrow

Congrats on the sale Derrick. I always enjoy your posts and good humor. Good luck to you.

Sad day selling the boat, However good news you are sticking around.

OK... now this just plain sucks! You know when you think you're over something and your mind gets thrown right back to the day it happened! I MISS MY BOAT!!! To be quite honest... Everytime I bought a Poweball ticket, buying Derrick's boat was at the top of my list. Talk about a win/win. Stay in touch Big D! Not having a boat is not all bad... ok, ok, it sucks. But, living vicariously through all these lucky folks on the forum is still fun.

Come visit us in Az it's boating season almost year-round. I'll take you for a ride and you can tell me what I need to add. Whatever you do sick around here and hang out with your friends once in a while.

Look at it this way Derrick, you now have an extra month (Canadian boating season) a year to do other things .... ;)
Just kidding brother .... we know it's actually 2 months ... :p

Look at it this way Derrick, you now have an extra month (Canadian boating season) a year to do other things .... ;)
Just kidding brother .... we know it's actually 2 months ... :p
Haha, I deserve that after all the razzing I do about your 20hp! Look on the bright side Dave, your boat is now faster than mine! Of course I was eyeing up a sweet peddle boat, we could race for pinks! :D

We will always need you to check in like Rockie. You guys bring a smile to my face many times during the year. As you guys know,boats are not required to be involved with the forum. Always remember,your a friend for life with many on this forum!

Selling a boat hurts... :(

It hurts even when you know that within a very few hours, you'll be signing the dotted line for a brand new one. Watching that guy pull away from the dock on my first Benny was like seeing someone steal it. It didn't feel right. The wife and I were out this weekend and thought we'd just cruise over to where I thought the new owner lived, to see if we could see the old "Toonafun". The wife said she didn't know if she wanted to see it, afraid that he wasn't taking care of it like we did. I told her that I didn't care how he treated it, as I sat there stroking the blacked out braces of the playpen on our new boat. :)

The wife and I were out this weekend and thought we'd just cruise over to where I thought the new owner lived, to see if we could see the old "Toonafun". The wife said she didn't know if she wanted to see it, afraid that he wasn't taking care of it like we did. I told her that I didn't care how he treated it, as I sat there stroking the blacked out braces of the playpen on our new boat. :)

I hear ya. I'm kind of the same way with our blacked out beauty. I think our old boat, that looked almost brand new (other than tarnished toons), has been left uncovered, half covered, bimini left open, carpet soaked in the rain, etc..... with the new owners. Luckily, I really don't miss her as much as i thought I would, but hate to see it going to sh** so quick. I think it aged 5 years in 4 months. :([/QUOTE]

It looks like I've just joined the "club" too, boatless for the first time in over 35 years :(

Just need to finish the paperwork, change up a couple things the buyer asked for, and she goes to the new owners next week. I think in this case, our Benny will be in very good hands, happy to say.

I told them this is by far the best all around boat I've ever owned (of many) and is backed by a company with great integrity and commitment to both its products and customer care. It's been a terrific owner experience and we will certainly miss her.

It looks like I've just joined the "club" too, boatless for the first time in over 35 years :(

Just need to finish the paperwork, change up a couple things the buyer asked for, and she goes to the new owners next week. I think in this case, our Benny will be in very good hands, happy to say.

I told them this is by far the best all around boat I've ever owned (of many) and is backed by a company with great integrity and commitment to both its products and customer care. It's been a terrific owner experience and we will certainly miss her.

Congrats Tom! I know it's tough but hopefully you'll get back into it later.....

Any damage to your place in Florida?!?

I hear ya. I'm kind of the same way with our blacked out beauty. I think our old boat, that looked almost brand new (other than tarnished toons), has been left uncovered, half covered, bimini left open, carpet soaked in the rain, etc..... with the new owners. Luckily, I really don't miss her as much as i thought I would, but hate to see it going to sh** so quick. I think it aged 5 years in 4 months. :(
[/QUOTE]

Just like when we sold our house in Virginia.........I used to drive by and the place was a wreck. Grass not cut, weeds all over, bushes overgrown, crap all over the driveway. My wife and daughter used to tell me to.......Let it go! It's not our house anymore! They were right......

Congrats Tom. I know you'll have something else soon!

Thanks guys. By God's mercy our home and Sanibel was pretty much spared. We had an 8" piece of soffit lost, and a few dents in the facia, but other than that, no issues we know of. I'll probably head back down at the end of the week to see for myself, assuming they get the power back on soon.

Yes, another boat is definitely in the future, though we haven't decided what direction to go just yet. Boat show season is just starting down there and, as is my nature, I have extreme studying to do! I'll probably visit a few factories like I did when we bought the Benny, so we'll have some fun with it, no rush at all.

Glad to hear you came through pretty much unscathed. Sad to say (good for manufacturers and builders/remodelers) I think it's going to be a booming couple years for the boat & building industry. We are already tight on labor up here in northeast, and rumor is it's going to get real ugly now. I saw one photo with basically a stack of boats, and a Benni sitting on top. :(

Back