Parts?

Magician

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good resource for parts for the boats aside from the factory? I’m being told by the dealership that some of the parts I’m looking for would be nearly impossible for me order direct from Bennington. I’m looking for the front deck trim cap as well as the two rear caps on my boat. Not looking for the dealer to do the install. Maybe I need to change dealers?

Thanks

For your 2018 listed in your signature? With a 10 year warranty, all parts should be readily available to order from *any* Bennington dealer, I would think.

Not saying the parts aren’t available from the dealer, just looking to see if there are other sources. The parts that I’m trying to get were damaged by the previous owner and are not covered under warranty. Running into things hard enough to do damage isn’t how your supposed to drive a boat, I was taught to never go faster than you want to hit something but the previous owner didn’t think like that.

Regardless of it being a non-warranty set of repairs, on a 2018, I cannot imagine Bennington not having 100% of any parts available for order. That’d go through a dealership since Bennington doesn’t deal directly with customers. In that specific regard, I think your dealer is full of S—-.

All of that said, you can sometimes find some items via Greatlakessipper, EBay, etc... IF it is an item/part Bennington buys from another party and puts on their boats, you can always find out who makes it (like the covers for example through Tumacs) and go directly to them as well.

I’d say try another dealer. I was going to order deck trim parts for my 2011 in 2013, and my dealer had no problem getting prices.

I got reasonable prices for the front deck cap and both rear corners but the shipping is crazy high ($150 for the front cap alone) so I’m in the hunt for a better deal. I might just try to put corner caps on it if I can find something that looks like it belongs?

What’s wrong with the front deck trim? There was another member on here that refinished his, due to cost if I remember correctly.

Im the second owner and evidently the first owner wasn’t afraid to hit things with the boat so all four corners have large dents or damage on them. The cost of the front cap is only $130 but the shipping on it is over $150 from Bennington. The two rear corners are $100 each. I was planning on replacing them all over the off-season and I may still just don’t know if replacement or covering with new caps is the way to go as long as I can maintain the lines. The boat was pristine aside from the four corners and the tunes were stained badly for a two year old boat.

In case anyone was wondering, I’m a slightly anal perfectionist and a cheap diyer.

I got reasonable prices for the front deck cap and both rear corners but the shipping is crazy high ($150 for the front cap alone) so I’m in the hunt for a better deal. I might just try to put corner caps on it if I can find something that looks like it belongs?
Maybe they Bennington would be willing to throw them in a pontoon shipped to your dealer?

In case anyone was wondering, I’m a slightly anal perfectionist and a cheap diyer.

Nothing wrong with that. I’m the same way!

I thought an update was in order since I believe it’s relevant. I started contacting other dealers to find something I could live with to replace or cover up dents by the previous owner on the deck cap at the front of the boat. On the 2nd call to dealer on another lake roughly an hour away, I was told they keep a number of the caps there bc they change so many on a regular basis and the price was still $125 and no $175 for shipping so, I’m headed there first thing tomorrow to pick mine up. Pretty certain the dealer on Lake Murray simply didn’t want to deal with me since Im not the original owner.. I won’t mention them by name but so far I’m not impressed.

Hmmm...I've dealt with the "dealer on Lake Murray" for 20 years. Never bought a new boat from them. But have bought several parts from them and used them to service two Benningtons I bought used. I have always been impressed how well they treated me even though I never bought a boat from them. I can't recall ever hearing a negative comment about them either.

Regardless, glad you found what you were looking for at another dealer.

Back