For the time being I am satisfied with the performance of the 15-1/2” x 16 Yamaha prop. Top speed of 45MPH. Hole shot was excellent too.

I would like to find a place that would let me try the 17” pitch to see how the motor behaves as well as the enertia line from mercury.

I am perplexed why the dealers don’t have a better understanding of the prop that should be on these motors. They sell and deal with them daily.

Last edited:
My dealer is the one who recommended I switch to the Revolution. Said it’s a better prop for every day use on the lower Colorado river.

thanks gang. BTW the FB part in the rear is WOOD. not FG. When replacing the speakers I found this.
Also my dealer is paying a local guy to lower the engine. Its got one more hole to go. he says its not getting out of the water enough. that one hole lower will lower it like 1/2 inch. I have had some discussions with other boat guys saying may think of a short jack plate. However in my opinion there is no doubt a set up issue. Think its a combination of motor to high and prop.

Back