Perimeter L.E.D lighting

tecthis

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for all the posts, but really liking this forum!

So i know that bennington has the ice lighting perimeter lighting, but for those of us that didnt get the option whats the next best?

I want this look

index41.jpg

Any ideas? I'm thinking low voltage rope lighting. Anyone know what bennington uses?

thanks,

Alex...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if E.M. is still at his lakehouse, he could snap a close up for ya! Or any of the other folks of course. You can see a shot of the under water lights in the post about cleaning toons, I believe Geewest has one showing the before and after of the end of the toons and it has his light on it.

Derrick

Edit, you could also ask your dealer to order the exact ones Bennington uses.

tecthis, I have both the underwater LEDs and the side harness LEDs and I assure you it is the side harness that is the most impressive of the two. My neighbors tell me that they can spot my boat when it is miles out from shore at night [we do a sunset booze cruise most Saturday nights]. Many times while out at night other boats aproach and ask how we did that.

I belive that you can order it from your dealer as an aftermarket option as well, check with them and let us know if that is true

Mine was dealer installed on our 2275 rcw. The harness came from factory, but the side lights were installed at dealer. they are led rope lights. I also have the underwater lights from bennington and I agree, the side lights get the most comments

Todd

If you don't get the led options for cup holders, side lighting, and rear lighting is the wiring already there if you do your own (R series)?

I bought blue LED rop lights from Amazon and installed them myself on an extra switch that was for the live well had the boat been equiped with one. They look great and the project was fun to do.

Hey Princefan, thats great!

Can you share a link to the ones you installed? Are you happy with them, any pics of them on your boat?

thanks,

Alex...

I bought blue LED rop lights from Amazon and installed them myself on an extra switch that was for the live well had the boat been equiped with one. They look great and the project was fun to do.

Yeah, you won't have the wiring

Sweet! Found the pre-cut lengths.

Steve

I also went to Amazon and did the led blue. The whole cost of the project was about $75.00. And my time. I used an empty switch on my console and just connected the two sides together. There were plenty of holes in the underside cross members to just us a plastic wire tie to attach them. I think I only had to drill one connector on the back of each side. They come with a self adhesive side to stick to the bottom. I used three 16 foot reals. One and a half on both sides. Real easy to do. And looks great also. I did the side lights not the underwater ones.

I also bought the lighted cup holders off of Ebay for around $21.00 each. I just tapped into the floor lights where ever they were and put 5 of them on my 2275 RLCP. Awesome look with a frozen bottle of water in them at night. The whole bottle reflects the lights.

If you have any kind of wiring knowledge it is a piece of cake. Also, the whole wiring diagram is available on this web site.

Craig Ramza Sr

Streator, Illinois

2013 2275 RLCP

250 hp Merc XP pro

56 MPH GPS speed

Just screams with speed.

I also went to Amazon and did the led blue. The whole cost of the project was about $75.00. And my time. I used an empty switch on my console and just connected the two sides together. There were plenty of holes in the underside cross members to just us a plastic wire tie to attach them. I think I only had to drill one connector on the back of each side. They come with a self adhesive side to stick to the bottom. I used three 16 foot reals. One and a half on both sides. Real easy to do. And looks great also. I did the side lights not the underwater ones.

I also bought the lighted cup holders off of Ebay for around $21.00 each. I just tapped into the floor lights where ever they were and put 5 of them on my 2275 RLCP. Awesome look with a frozen bottle of water in them at night. The whole bottle reflects the lights.

If you have any kind of wiring knowledge it is a piece of cake. Also, the whole wiring diagram is available on this web site.

Craig Ramza Sr

Streator, Illinois

2013 2275 RLCP

250 hp Merc XP pro

56 MPH GPS speed

Just screams with speed.
Got a link for the ebay lighted holders you used ???

Go to E-Bay and search for 5M RGB Waterproof. They adhere to the bottom edge of deck frame nicely. You can pick whatever color you want that day.

I bought my lighted cup holders (blue led's) from this guy.

dockboxman, a seller on ebay do a search for him

I replaced all 6 of my cup holders.He will make a better deal the more you buy. Honest seller and he shipped quickly. I made him a reasonable offer for 6.

Here is a question to all of you?? How about the legality of perimeter lighting? I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and I am rather new to the area but as we all know lighting on boats can be sensitive depending on your local authority... But will they or do the care about this addition?? I really want to add warm white LED's around the perimeter.... Anybody having any backlash??? I juat got my Bennington and plan on doing a bunch of lighting soon...

Thanks for any feedback!!

I bought my lighted cup holders (blue led's) from this guy.

dockboxman, a seller on ebay do a search for him

I replaced all 6 of my cup holders.He will make a better deal the more you buy. Honest seller and he shipped quickly. I made him a reasonable offer for 6.

Here is a question to all of you?? How about the legality of perimeter lighting? I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and I am rather new to the area but as we all know lighting on boats can be sensitive depending on your local authority... But will they or do the care about this addition?? I really want to add warm white LED's around the perimeter.... Anybody having any backlash??? I juat got my Bennington and plan on doing a bunch of lighting soon...

Thanks for any feedback!!
Just call your local game warden. I called mine at the lake I'm at (in Texas) and they're fine with the lights as long as I'm anchored. Once underway, you need to to shut them all off with exception to the navigation lights. In fact he said, the more lights you have on while anchored, the better.

Sounds cool about the lighting.Can it be done on a G series also?

Jeff
Jeff,

You should be able to do them on any model, especially if you are doing aftermarket setup. All you need is some waterproof low voltage led rope lighting, and a spare switch at the console.

Smitty

It's been a little while since I've been on the forum but superbrightleds hooked me up with my lights. Really easy install too.

Back