Pillowtop or Standard?

Great answer from a man who has experienced all three! So...I am presuming that you are the Derrick for whom PADS was named...

I must say that the new "standard" upholstery is very nice looking, I guess one might say it's a little sportier than the other two (which definitely have more of an overall luxury look to the seating).

And yes, but the PADS group members have grown quite substantially over the past few years!! Must be all these great new additions Bennington keeps putting out!

Hey Semp....... Any idea why he can see the media tab/Gallery on some members and not others. He's trying to see GNC's pics of his seats.

It’s weird and I don’t know why, but I have the same thing. If I click on your name I see media page, anybody else’s I don’t see it. I have to go into the the main media tab, then click search under user name, to find any media. I don’t know if it has something to do with mediate that was attached prior to the software update??
Now this is on my iPhone, I’ll have to test it on PC.

It’s weird and I don’t know why, but I have the same thing. If I click on your name I see media page, anybody else’s I don’t see it. I have to go into the the main media tab, then click search under user name, to find any media. I don’t know if it has something to do with mediate that was attached prior to the software update??

Yeah it is weird. Made a quick random check of members in here and the only others I can see is Carl, Spoiledrotten, Tom, and Goldenrod. Couldn't see yours either.....

I think it has to do with who you follow and who is following you. I just added Dave and I can now see his media.

Sorry, I guess I haven't used the gallery features with the newer forum software
Trying this again with the interior pics of our seats (pillow top, no stamped or stitched pattern) here.

Note that this is a 2015 so not sure if they can even offer this combination anymore but if nothing else, hopefully will give some ideas and if you like it, can still get it or something similar.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me. I found the work-around you described above late last night, but the pics I could see in gnc1017's gallery did not do justice to the ones he posted today. Wow!

I must say that the new "standard" upholstery is very nice looking, I guess one might say it's a little sportier than the other two (which definitely have more of an overall luxury look to the seating).

And yes, but the PADS group members have grown quite substantially over the past few years!! Must be all these great new additions Bennington keeps putting out!
I was all set to go with standard until gnc1017 posted pictures--now I'm torn. If we order standard this month, I'm afraid I'll catch the affliction named for you when we go to the boat shows in January (treks we make yearly). So...last questions for you (I hope) since you've had all options...

As you said, pillow top definitely has a more overall luxury look. Is it significantly more comfortable than the standard?

And will it hold up as well as standard to a couple of kids 4 or 5 times a year?

It should hold up fine as long as nothing sharp can puncture it and you keep it regularly cleaned and protected. My routine is to put a good coverage of 3M 303 at the beginning of the season and then occasionally just use Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner after several trips out. The biggest temporary stains I get is from sunblock but the BC takes it right off. The 303 keeps it from penetrating. I've used this method on all my boats and it's always kept them looking new.

Sorry, I guess I haven't used the gallery features with the newer forum software
Trying this again with the interior pics of our seats (pillow top, no stamped or stitched pattern) here.

Note that this is a 2015 so not sure if they can even offer this combination anymore but if nothing else, hopefully will give some ideas and if you like it, can still get it or something similar.

Thanks so much for posting those pictures!! Last night I was all set to go with the standard furniture, but you've made the decision a little harder...yours looks so GOOD [yes, they do still have this combination and whereas I'll probably go with driftwood instead of graphite inserts, your pictures really show me what that option would look like on our boat.] Thanks for taking the time to post...although my husband may not thank you as much as I. ;)

It should hold up fine as long as nothing sharp can puncture it and you keep it regularly cleaned and protected. My routine is to put a good coverage of 3M 303 at the beginning of the season and then occasionally just use Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner after several trips out. The biggest temporary stains I get is from sunblock but the BC takes it right off. The 303 keeps it from penetrating. I've used this method on all my boats and it's always kept them looking new.
Thanks, Havasu! Do you have the Simtex? BTW...your boat is gorgeous!

Thanks. No mine isn't the Simtex. I could be wrong but I believe they started using that the year following mine.

One can even get the pillow top option on the S-Premium interior, too! Here's mine before it even left the factory floor!

5C270D1D-4816-43BC-9D37-336BC882E787_zpsvary7a0t.jpg

You're welcome DougandSherry. Sorry to complicate the decision but in the end, it really can be a fun process to go through the details.

Also sorry we can't comment on comfort comparison but I do know ours at least has a wow feel for sure. Hopefully a local dealer would have at least one if each to get a basic comparison.

Either way, it's all top quality, especially compared to other brands and as you can see, these all look awesome so you really can't go wrong.

DougandSherry
We have the pillow top and it is extremely comfortable. But I am sure that anything Bennington builds is great. Great choice and have fun with the journey.

I was all set to go with standard until gnc1017 posted pictures--now I'm torn. If we order standard this month, I'm afraid I'll catch the affliction named for you when we go to the boat shows in January (treks we make yearly). So...last questions for you (I hope) since you've had all options...

As you said, pillow top definitely has a more overall luxury look. Is it significantly more comfortable than the standard?

And will it hold up as well as standard to a couple of kids 4 or 5 times a year?
Sorry I didn't get back right away, they are both very comfortable. I don't really know a way to describe it better than when you lean back on the standard, it's firm. Still very comfortable, just firmer. Obviously the pillow top is softer. I suppose if it was rougher water the pillow top might absorb a little more jarring, but it really comes down to which look you prefer as they are both great. Sorry, don't think that really helps. :)

Back