Placed an order, got home, realize that Ski Pylon 54" instead of Tow bar with ESP

David6801

Reaction score
We really want the Deluxe Ski Tow Bar for tubing,, 3 teen boys,.. decided to upgrade to ESP PACKAGE and to my surprise when I got home, I have a Ski PLyon on my order... miss it on all the excitement and chatter from sales guy on upgrading to ESP...
So, anybody out there tubing 3 or 4 kids using Pylon ??Wonder if I will have to change my order,,,
Thanks in advance!

Elliptical Sport Package - ES

Attachments

• 1A42758B-B5E7-4526-84FB-AD4C485BC261.jpeg
    1A42758B-B5E7-4526-84FB-AD4C485BC261.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
  • F9E7849A-D795-4125-ACD2-BC4A65C7C6B7.jpeg
    F9E7849A-D795-4125-ACD2-BC4A65C7C6B7.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 29
I have a 2250RCW with a 150 Yamaha and the ski pylon and don’t have any issues at all tubing or skiing.

I would ask if it’s rated for tubes, if not get a turbo swing. I personally wouldn’t pull my kids knowing it’s not rated. Even if the chance is incredibly small of a failure pulling a tube, if I hurt my kid or anyone knowing it was not rated for it I would feel horrible. Just my thoughts.

I would ask if it’s rated for tubes, if not get a turbo swing. I personally wouldn’t pull my kids knowing it’s not rated. Even if the chance is incredibly small of a failure pulling a tube, if I hurt my kid or anyone knowing it was not rated for it I would feel horrible. Just my thoughts.
Additionally, if anything goes side-ways with tow structure not rated for how it is being used, it is not covered under boating insurance policies. So it’s nice to consider that aspect too.

Found this in another thread:

Along lines of tubing does anyone use the "booster balls" that are placed in between the tubers and boat to help with rope drag and ride efficiency? They seem to get pretty good reviews online but was just curious of any club members experience with these. Would these reduce some of the strain on a pylon or tow bar?

I have a 2250RCW with a 150 Yamaha and the ski pylon and don’t have any issues at all tubing or skiing.
Thanks Perchh!
do you we have a large 4 person tube... average of # 500lbs of boys hanging there... : )

We really want the Deluxe Ski Tow Bar for tubing,, 3 teen boys,.. decided to upgrade to ESP PACKAGE and to my surprise when I got home, I have a Ski PLyon on my order... miss it on all the excitement and chatter from sales guy on upgrading to ESP...
So, anybody out there tubing 3 or 4 kids using Pylon ??Wonder if I will have to change my order,,,
Thanks in advance!

Elliptical Sport Package - ES
You will absolutely be fine with the pylon, it is a beast. I remember years ago when helping my dealer at a boat show and chatting with the Bennington rep, he told me (at that time) Bennington was the only one who had a pylon rated for towing tubes. All the others had a little sticker on them stating that they weren't for using towables. Sure enough I wandered around the other vendors and they had the sticker. If you don't like it for towing, you can always take it out and use for doing bicep curls cuz it's a beast!!

Back