Plastic Bimini Knobs

MrG

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a set of these.(I know the dealer can get them) but I’m sure they can be gotten locally just wondering if anyone had a better version (aluminum) vrs Plastic? Better yet does anyone know what they refer to them as? Their official name?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 45A9A703-3142-42D4-A77B-04BC4AE4B1CE.jpeg
    45A9A703-3142-42D4-A77B-04BC4AE4B1CE.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 95
Got them at our dealer when we lived in Virginia......I was told Bimini adjustment knob........or Bimini ""thingy".......

There is a thread on these.. some people replace them with wingnuts since these seem to crack easily. Search on bimini knobs.

I have the same issue. One broke last time out. Have some research to do.

I would think just a stainless wing nut with poly lock and just s poly washer would do the trick, available st the local Ace Hardware. Problem not as finished as the plastic knob but usable.

I never adjusted the knobs. One day I noticed one was cracked. I replaced it with a lock nut. Haven't touched it since. That was maybe 4 years ago. Forget the knobs. Use locknuts. Keep a Cresent wrench on board just in case.

Anyone know where I can get a set of these.(I know the dealer can get them) but I’m sure they can be gotten locally just wondering if anyone had a better version (aluminum) vrs Plastic? Better yet does anyone know what they refer to them as? Their official name?

Thanks in advance
Maybe your local Hardware store, like an Ace has a lot of that stuff sold separately or try a Grainger if one is near you out there. Keep everyone posted.

If no one responds you could always order both and then return the set that doesn't fit.

Just checked mine and they're 5/16x18. I'd be surprised if anyone had 1/4x20 hardware. That seems undersized for the task and if it were true I would enlarge the hole and go to 5/16".

On my last Benny, the plastic knob broke. Didn’t want to go back with the plastic, so I replaced with the stainless wing nut. PERFECT!

2 things I got the new ones I shared in the link.
#1 They are pretty small
#2 No NyLocks The orignal ones used a Nylocks so if they came loose no chance of them spinning off.

Im sure a drop of blue locktight will fix that

Back