Plastic Bimini Knobs

Those are better than stock in my opinion. I had some fail due to the nut strips out in the plastic knob housing keeping you from getting a snug fit.

To bad some Member with nothing better to do that had a CnC machine couldn’t make some of these up Big and Heavy Duty with a Nice “B” logo in the center that would be awesome.

These would work out real nice. This one is 3 inches across the 4 prong head. It comes with No hole or No threads. So you would simply drill and tap the 5/16th hole. They are raw Aluminum, so you could either Anodize them or just leave them raw.
$9.50 each?

Attachments

• F0C25A6F-E3C2-42C4-BA0F-059BBA95B96A.png
    F0C25A6F-E3C2-42C4-BA0F-059BBA95B96A.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 21
  • EECA6BE8-CCE9-4C14-8646-C8D5DECC54F3.png
    EECA6BE8-CCE9-4C14-8646-C8D5DECC54F3.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 21
Looks like to get the Oversized look/feel I was looking for you have to buy the knob in a un threaded style.

Otherwise if you choose the 5/16 threaded ones the head is much smaller

One of my Bimini adjustment knobs is split down the side where it goes over the lock nut. I called the dealer to see if they had to order it and was told to come on in...they have a whole box of them. I said, "yeh, I guess these probably break a lot, huh?" He said I was the second one just this morning! Sounds like it's time for Bennington to redesign this knob. Maybe try using metal on metal rather than soft plastic. FYI...this is the new design that is a large plastic knob that slips over the lock nut to turn it for tension on the Bimini top.

Best thing is to go to a hardware store, find SS wing nuts with widest wings, and replace. You never have to worry about those plastic pieces of crap. The weather takes its toll on the plastic really fast.

Last edited:
Best thing is to got to a hardware store, find SS wing nuts with widest wings, and replace. You never have to worry about those plastic pieces of crap. The weather takes its toll on the plastic really fast.
I'm 5 minutes from the Bennington dealer and get free replacements for 10 years...I think I'll keep getting them there. Maybe they will change the design. ;-)

My dealer is about 4-5 miles away. The wing nuts give me one less thing to deal with, plus it’s not like they have to be adjusted every time I take the boat out, so I “set em and forget em”. That, and they look nicer than bulky plastic knobs. Floats my boat. :)

I decided to Order these. Yes the hole size is wrong. I'm gonna drill out the hole & install the correct size I can use a stainless EzOut for the correct size
knob.PNG

Back